Author Topic: New mount for the Wide-Lite  (Read 1427 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

New mount for the Wide-Lite « on: October 16, 2019, 10:01:17 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Now that I have my new garage roof I have been thinking of how I want to reinstall the Wide-lite 1000. Previously it was installed on 16' of 2" EMT  resting on a concrete pier block and anchored to the wall and roof with brackets I fabricated from steel angle. That was kinda flimsy and I never really trusted it .

The New Idea : I'm considering on making a new mount from 2" galvanized iron pipe assembled into a "F" shape using 2- 2" galvanized flanges https://www.homedepot.com/p/LDR-Industries-2-in-Galvanized-Iron-Floor-Flange-311-F-2/100585164 which would be nut and bolted to the 6" x 6" beam in wall .

The finished product would be approx. 3-4 feet tall and protrude approx. 12-18 inches from the wall. mounted just below the peak of the roof. I'll have to relocate the RAB Area Light JR possibly just below the new set-up.

The previous incarnation : https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5198&pos=54&pid=159279

Any input would be appreciated ! Questions ? Comments ? Thoughts ?

Thanks ! Wide-Lite 1000

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: New mount for the Wide-Lite « Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 10:36:00 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Wouldn't iron pipe rust out though?

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New mount for the Wide-Lite « Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 10:48:21 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Wouldn't iron pipe rust out though?

It will be galvanized pipe and I'll probably paint it black anyway to match the other light pole .

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: New mount for the Wide-Lite « Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 11:14:47 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@wide-lite 1000:
I totally missed 'galvanized' .. posting when tired does that to you .lol.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New mount for the Wide-Lite « Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 11:18:42 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
@wide-lite 1000:
I totally missed 'galvanized' .. posting when tired does that to you .lol.

Be there , Did that !

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies