Author Topic: Still Say LG Needs A Street Light Topic  (Read 1226 times)
GE101R

View Gallery

Still Say LG Needs A Street Light Topic « on: November 03, 2019, 03:29:38 PM » Author: GE101R
Many on LG do not care about street lighting and others do not care about lamps or receptacles and switches. That way it would keep the specific street light topic in it's own section away from the other electrical topics.
GE101R

View Gallery

Re: Still Say LG Needs A Street Light Topic « Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 03:49:38 PM » Author: GE101R
There already is a section for that: Lantern/Fixtures. You're welcome Smiley

Nope, thank you very much. That is for lanterns and fixtures in general. Specific is just that, specific.
Max

View Gallery

Re: Still Say LG Needs A Street Light Topic « Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 03:59:03 PM » Author: Max
We'll end up with hundreds of sections on this site if we go specific to that degree.
GE101R

View Gallery

Re: Still Say LG Needs A Street Light Topic « Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 04:06:24 PM » Author: GE101R
We'll end up with hundreds of sections on this site if we go specific to that degree.

No, we will not. That one section will be busy into itself. Keeps from going through posts that are totally non interesting to yourself.
Max

View Gallery

Re: Still Say LG Needs A Street Light Topic « Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 04:16:30 PM » Author: Max
No, we will not. That one section will be busy into itself.
That can also be said for the many different subjects that are discussed on this site. So, yes, we'll end up with too many specific sections.
GE101R

View Gallery

Re: Still Say LG Needs A Street Light Topic « Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 04:21:52 PM » Author: GE101R
That can also be said for the many different subjects that are discussed on this site. So, yes, we'll end up with too many specific sections.
No, we will not. Leave the other's "as is" and that will let them have more room for the fixtures and lamps they post about besides the street lights. Geeze...
Max

View Gallery

Re: Still Say LG Needs A Street Light Topic « Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 04:37:18 PM » Author: Max
So why a preferential treatment for the streetlight subject only? I'm sure many other subjects would also benefit to have "specific sections" as well. That's just a honest question.
GE101R

View Gallery

Re: Still Say LG Needs A Street Light Topic « Reply #7 on: November 03, 2019, 04:45:10 PM » Author: GE101R
So why a preferential treatment for the streetlight subject only? I'm sure many other subjects would also benefit to have "specific sections" as well. That's just a honest question.

Preferential? It's simply letting people post about a subject they are interested in besides wading through fluorescent, receptacles, wall packs, garden lights, mercury tubes, wall blasters, starters, ceiling fixtures, signs, and the list goes on. If you wan to look at street lights you simply go to that topic and you will not have the other to wade through.
It will save time for everybody.
GE101R

View Gallery

Re: Still Say LG Needs A Street Light Topic « Reply #8 on: November 03, 2019, 04:53:18 PM » Author: GE101R
So, people interested in streetlights are deserving of a sections all to themselves while all others have to remain grouped in the other corner of the site. That's what a preferential treatment is. Personally, I'd also like to see a section dedicated to sodium vapor lamps only, so people interested in this particular subject don't have to wade through fluorescent, receptacles, wall packs, garden lights, mercury tubes, wall blasters, starters, ceiling fixtures, signs, etc... Oh, also I would like to see sections dealing only about mercury lamps. And about metal halide lamps. And about xenon lamps.

Deserving? That's funny. Then suggest it. That simple!
Max

View Gallery

Re: Still Say LG Needs A Street Light Topic « Reply #9 on: November 03, 2019, 04:58:43 PM » Author: Max
All I'm suggesting here is that creating a specific section only because you don't want to be bothered with posts outside your personal interest opens the door to many other specific sections, since other's "needs" are certainly not less important than yours. And that would certainly not make things simpler here. That's just a honest observation.
GE101R

View Gallery

Re: Still Say LG Needs A Street Light Topic « Reply #10 on: November 03, 2019, 05:05:26 PM » Author: GE101R
All I'm suggesting here is that creating a specific section only because you don't want to be bothered with posts outside your personal interest opens the door to many other specific sections, since other's "needs" are certainly not less important than yours. And that would certainly not make things simpler here. That's just a honest observation.

That's funny again. Why are there "specific" sections in the first place? Is it because someone doesn't want to be bothered looking through things that do not interest them? Seems like you are the one that can't seem to allow for anyone else's requests so who is more important than other's? That is just an honest observation. 
Max

View Gallery

Re: Still Say LG Needs A Street Light Topic « Reply #11 on: November 03, 2019, 05:10:24 PM » Author: Max
There are several degree of "specific" you know... but you are right, let the site owner decide if he wants to let everyone have its own specific section. Personally, I'd like a specific section for each LG member, so this can save me from seeing idiotic posts and blurry pictures of the same mundane streetlights taken from Google streetview. There may be some good to be had from your request after all Wink

« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 05:12:50 PM by Max » Logged
HPSM250R2

View Gallery

Re: Still Say LG Needs A Street Light Topic « Reply #12 on: November 03, 2019, 05:33:21 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Preferential? It's simply letting people post about a subject they are interested in besides wading through fluorescent, receptacles, wall packs, garden lights, mercury tubes, wall blasters, starters, ceiling fixtures, signs, and the list goes on. If you wan to look at street lights you simply go to that topic and you will not have the other to wade through.
It will save time for everybody.

Oh Steve. . . .Lol at wall blasters😂😂😂😂

I agree it would be nice to be able to more easily find street lights. That's what I'm on this site for like 90%. It will be up to the site owner/admin I suppose though to make the final decision.
HPSM250R2

View Gallery

Re: Still Say LG Needs A Street Light Topic « Reply #13 on: November 03, 2019, 05:35:44 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
There are several degree of "specific" you know... but you are right, let the site owner decide if he wants to let everyone have its own specific section. Personally, I'd like a specific section for each LG member, so this can save me from seeing idiotic posts and blurry pictures of the same mundane streetlights taken from Google streetview. There may be some good to be had from your request after all Wink

I agree totally on the blurry pictures and street views. Pointless pics that shouldn't even be bothered posting. I see these pics and some are so bad I can't even make out what manufacturer or model the light is. I'm like what the??

GE101R

View Gallery

Re: Still Say LG Needs A Street Light Topic « Reply #14 on: November 03, 2019, 05:38:18 PM » Author: GE101R

That was what my original post was about. Since you have no control over the LG site, nor do I, that was my intention. Thanks for backing me up and I enjoyed your responses!!   LOL
Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines