Author Topic: Where to find streetlight mounting arms?  (Read 2279 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Where to find streetlight mounting arms? « on: November 03, 2019, 06:22:14 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I need to know how to find streetlight mounting arms? I looked on ebay and I founded those cheap yard blaster arms. Any idea how to get a rugged or more better streetlight mounting arm? Soon I might be saving a streetlight, if I can.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Where to find streetlight mounting arms? « Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 07:39:39 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Light pole brackets.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Where to find streetlight mounting arms? « Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 02:18:17 PM » Author: Ash
You can make an arm and pole with ordinary steel pipes and elbows
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Where to find streetlight mounting arms? « Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 07:55:09 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
You can make an arm and pole with ordinary steel pipes and elbows

Well, then you're gonna need a conduit bender for that, and RMC (Ridgid Metal Conduit) is VERY hard to bend especially the 1" diameter type.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Where to find streetlight mounting arms? « Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 08:14:29 PM » Author: wattMaster
You could just get bare steel pipe and weld it together to make something interesting. :)

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Where to find streetlight mounting arms? « Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 09:25:16 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Well, then you're gonna need a conduit bender for that, and RMC (Ridgid Metal Conduit) is VERY hard to bend especially the 1" diameter type.

Why would you need a conduit bender ? just use couplings and 90's  : https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5198&pos=44&pid=161341  Now I don't recommend using EMT like I did , using ridgid instead is just fine .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: Where to find streetlight mounting arms? « Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 08:10:57 PM » Author: LightsDelight
I usually get mine with lights I buy sometimes. you have multiple options: like one member said you can weld your own if no welder then..., you can buy one but they are hard to find or a method that I use is that I buy stirrups from bunnings cut off the top bit and you have a makeshift bracket.

Keep discharge lighting alive

LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: Where to find streetlight mounting arms? « Reply #7 on: November 14, 2019, 08:24:31 PM » Author: LightsDelight
Over here in Aus we don't have sources best to make our own besides it come with a sense of achievement when you do it yourself.

Keep discharge lighting alive

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Where to find streetlight mounting arms? « Reply #8 on: November 15, 2019, 07:10:31 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Making your own brackets does give you a sense of achievement, if you don't have the skills or equipment to do it yourself, look up local metal fabrication shops and see if they can make one up for you to the specifications you want.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Where to find streetlight mounting arms? « Reply #9 on: November 18, 2019, 05:34:38 PM » Author: joseph_125
One of the local electrical supply houses have them listed on their website. I don't really have a lot of arms in my collection though. I got most of my streetlights without the arm and I don't really have the need for one at the time being so I haven't bought one specifically either.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies