Author Topic: Length of links to other stes.  (Read 448 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

Length of links to other stes. « on: November 12, 2019, 02:27:40 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Would it be possible to insert a link to an external site like Tiny URL so that posters find it easy to reduce the length of links.?

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen)

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber  -  US author, cartoonist, humourist, & satirist (1894 - 1961)

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Length of links to other stes. « Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 06:06:17 AM » Author: Danny
I usually do this [url =LINK IN HERE] TEXT IN HERE[/ url]  no spaces works a treat
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

Re: Length of links to other stes. « Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 06:07:43 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
So do I, but for those folk who don't know the trick a button to create a smaller URL would be good.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen)

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber  -  US author, cartoonist, humourist, & satirist (1894 - 1961)

migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: Length of links to other stes. « Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 12:27:39 PM » Author: migette1
Yes still do not know how to put links in despite being told how its done, I for one find PCs as the most un-friendly items using abbreations which do not explain what they are....its easier to do my linking to find an image and placing it next to the one I am talking about on remarks....how you do other links...give up I just do not know?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh???

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Length of links to other stes. « Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 02:01:05 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps

Example button;
Click Me!

~Owen

Color changing lamp Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps Cool Color changing lamp

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines