Author Topic: Power Groove Tubes  (Read 9001 times)
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Power Groove Tubes « Reply #15 on: January 12, 2020, 04:31:33 AM » Author: Michael
Power Groove lamps were quite common in the past in Switzerland. The most common were the 215W format and -  of course - the cool white colour. Most very large factory halls were lit by these here but also large super markets, gyms and as well I’ve seen some span wire street lights in Montreux.

Now I know only four installations which still might be up but the tubes have been changed to VHO T12 as the import of PG tubes was being stopped around 2010.

(To be correct member Proteus did put up a couple of VHO and PG fixtures in his garage and he uses them all the time he’s working there)

Our ballasts are rapid start type with an additional terminal block with a jumper wire with the option of connecting a series capacitor instead of the wire. They run kn two phase 380/400V circuits.
migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: Power Groove Tubes « Reply #16 on: February 12, 2020, 03:38:14 PM » Author: migette1
I learnt the hard way, saw an item at flea market said to myself yes going to buy on the way back, yes it had gone, my advice is see a bargain grab it, also if you see something at boot sale pick it up then ask how much, if in your hands its yours.

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies