Author Topic: Osram GEC  (Read 1771 times)
a.wall

View Posts
View Gallery

Osram GEC « on: February 26, 2020, 07:26:27 PM » Author: a.wall
Hi all. Something I've been wondering for a while. Is osram GEC anything to do with Osram Germany. I have a load of WW2 bulbs in there wrappers and they are Osram GEC made. They are all 40s dated. Ive never really found if they are linked and the only info I can find online is Osram bought GEC in the 80s. Im not sure how it would work having German bulbs in WW2. Thanks
LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: Osram GEC « Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 09:13:19 AM » Author: LightsDelight
This is from what I learned so it may be incorrect.

Osram germany used to have plants in the UK and other british territory. After WWI these were taken to British companies namely Osram GEC. This continued until 1994 When Osram Germany got it's name back so then GEC Osram was turned back into GEC. During the time GEC had the Orsam name, Osram Germany was not allowed to sell Products with the orsam name in any part of the British commonwealth so they established Wotan which is Osram Germany under a different name until 1994.

Keep discharge lighting alive

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies