Author Topic: GE has discontinued their HID street lights, except one.  (Read 4909 times)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: GE has discontinued their HID street lights, except one. « Reply #15 on: September 07, 2020, 06:51:41 PM » Author: joseph_125
I bet now the AEL 115, and their other fixtures are next. :(   This is a disgrace. Look I like LED in some forms of lighting, but this is going way too far of HID and fluorescent fixtures being discontinued. >:(  People have choices you know, not every person don't want LED.

I believe in the past two or so years, AEL has reorganized their site to make the HID luminaires much harder to find on there compared to their LED luminaires.

Toronto still for the most part installs HPS lighting and uses a lot of AEL 115 and 125 luminaires. Seems like if AEL stops making HID luminaires, they might end up having to switch to LED.

I think the beginning of the end for HID luminaires was in late 2015 when GE started slimming down their options by getting rid of metal halide and some less common luminaires like the PowrBracket and Crimefighter.
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE has discontinued their HID street lights, except one. « Reply #16 on: September 08, 2020, 12:42:53 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
I bet now the AEL 115, and their other fixtures are next. :(   This is a disgrace. Look I like LED in some forms of lighting, but this is going way too far of HID and fluorescent fixtures being discontinued. >:(  People have choices you know, not every person don't want LED.

When it comes to running a profitable business, you go with what the majority of the people want and with what will make you money and with what will get you tax credits or discounts from the various governments.  the good news for you is that there will be PLENTY of incandescent and fluorescent bulbs out there to find at flea markets, fleabay, Amazon, and other likes. 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 12:44:33 AM by RyanF40T12 » Logged

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

mdschmier

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE has discontinued their HID street lights, except one. « Reply #17 on: September 08, 2020, 12:51:28 AM » Author: mdschmier
When did GE discontinue these cobraheads?

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: GE has discontinued their HID street lights, except one. « Reply #18 on: September 08, 2020, 10:46:48 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
When did GE discontinue these cobraheads?

August of 2020, about a month ago.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

The Cooper OVX

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE has discontinued their HID street lights, except one. « Reply #19 on: September 08, 2020, 09:43:16 PM » Author: The Cooper OVX
Fine.

Common HPS fixture in many cities. slowly being phased out.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies