Author Topic: Sox Street Light  (Read 8924 times)
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sox Street Light « Reply #30 on: November 15, 2019, 10:06:28 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
If it helps, when I see listings from canada theres rarely free ship offered unless its really small stuff. At least in my experience. I agree you should charge for ship it is easier and fair lol

Yeah it would be easier because basically what I do is figure out what I want for an item. Then I add what I think an average price it should cost me to ship the item to most places in the US. The problem is like I said it seems most of my customers are as far away as possible. California, Washington, and Hawaii which I learned the hard way it is expensive to ship there. Luckily I think I was able to fit the item into a flat rate box. Charging shipping should help me be more profitable and lose less money.
mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Re: Sox Street Light « Reply #31 on: November 16, 2019, 08:54:54 AM » Author: mdcastle
LMAO!

Regarding the original topic though, best option right now is to contact mdcastle and see what kind of deal he may have planned on the rescued SOX streetlights. Other than that, pay $700 for a new one on eBay.

Yeah, I'll sell you a low pressure sodium streetlight from the Big Blue Bridge (or it's newer twin) for a lot less than $599.99. I haven't really researched shipping too much yet, but I did get a quote from Fedex, which is who I normally use for shipping. If I can make a golf club box work a large fixture seems to be about $50-$100 to ship depending on how far it's going. Shipping a small fixture should be cheaper. If I can figure out the USPS rates they should also be cheaper. I also have a lot fewer working lamps then fixtures, and the lamps I have are very well used. The city stopped maintaining the installation some time before removal.

I'm just asking for people to hold off on PMs until I finish testing, sorting, and stacking and I can also get my snowblower transmission fixed.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sox Street Light « Reply #32 on: November 16, 2019, 09:55:46 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Yeah, I'll sell you a low pressure sodium streetlight from the Big Blue Bridge (or it's newer twin) for a lot less than $599.99. I haven't really researched shipping too much yet, but I did get a quote from Fedex, which is who I normally use for shipping. If I can make a golf club box work a large fixture seems to be about $50-$100 to ship depending on how far it's going. Shipping a small fixture should be cheaper. If I can figure out the USPS rates they should also be cheaper. I also have a lot fewer working lamps then fixtures, and the lamps I have are very well used. The city stopped maintaining the installation some time before removal.

I'm just asking for people to hold off on PMs until I finish testing, sorting, and stacking and I can also get my snowblower transmission fixed.
Ok,Thanks!

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Sox Street Light « Reply #33 on: November 16, 2019, 11:22:18 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Did they have photocontrol receptacles? Supposedly the 114 was the model for the 115 without a photocontrol receptacle. I can't find a spec sheet online to confirm this.
We're probably going to be shut down soon for going off the topic of SOX streetlights.
I won't shut it down unless it gets political or "jabby". I quite like reading posts like this.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Sox Street Light « Reply #34 on: November 16, 2019, 11:36:52 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
"jabby"?  That's a new one. lol

Like when people start getting hostile toward one another. They take jabs. Lol I kinda did just make that up though.

MDcastle is your best bet for a fixture Cree. But be very patient as he has alot on his plate. Avoid PMing him at the moment. I understand your want for one! I very recently started biting the bullet because I knew if I didn't I'd miss the band wagon much like I did with the short lived ESL lamps! I want one of the VU1 lamps. But they're non existent on the internet.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 11:40:03 AM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies