Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 34027 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Ban LG critics

Cameron_Ouellette_10
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #315 on: September 15, 2021, 05:08:15 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Right now we are getting hit with the beginning of a very severe thunderstorm that is bringing in tornado threats. The sky is very sketchy right now. There was even a green part, that usually means a tornado is on the way. It was very calm and still, that signals something big is coming. I pray for this area that everyone makes it out ok because right now, it's not looking good.

Collector of any streetlight type, preferably HID.
Power Company: Eversource
Im proud to say my town is still HID!
Proudly suffering from Westinghouse Lifeguard disease!
I’m proud to say I’ve been to the EMEC service area with ZERO LED!
Also enjoys playing Basketball and Baseball.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Ban LG critics

Cameron_Ouellette_10
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #316 on: September 15, 2021, 05:43:08 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Here's a couple photos:

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #317 on: September 16, 2021, 03:06:44 AM » Author: Econolite03
Wish I had that kind of weather here in California, right now it’s bone dry and almost fire season.
 :-\
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Ban LG critics

Cameron_Ouellette_10
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #318 on: September 16, 2021, 06:11:16 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Wish I had that kind of weather here in California, right now it’s bone dry and almost fire season.
It was cool to see these giant supercells that you’d normally see in the Midwest, I have no idea if any tornado touched down here or not but here it was just a regular thunderstorm.

Almost fire season? Isn’t California burning up now?

monkeyface

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #319 on: September 16, 2021, 06:22:10 PM » Author: monkeyface
You guys are having really severe weather all the time and it seems while here in Switzerland it is as almost always this year calm, cosy and rather average with the temperature. However there were some swowers and very weak thunderstorms across our country but really nothing special.

Enjoy the weather!!!  8)
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #320 on: September 16, 2021, 07:26:51 PM » Author: Econolite03
My state is pretty bland and hot most of the year, winter is usually when it gets really cold and rains.

Almost fire season? Isn’t California burning up now?
Yeah, you’re right. I forgot it’s September, I think California currently is burning yet again.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 07:29:04 PM by Econolite03 » Logged
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

The Christmas Lights Are On, But Is Anybody Home..

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #321 on: September 16, 2021, 11:27:47 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Econolite03
You really wouldn't want a heavy thunderstorm, as that would cause mudslides & flooding.
You guys truly need a light/slow rain over a longer period of time (or even better a good snowstorm!)

Quote from: CreeRSW207
I have no idea if any tornado touched down here or not but here it was just a regular thunderstorm.
I looked at yesterday's storm reports list earlier today. Zero reported tornadoes anywhere in the US.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 12:42:50 AM by xmaslightguy » Logged

Forget the lights..just give me a good lightning storm & tornado to go watch...

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Ban LG critics

Cameron_Ouellette_10
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #322 on: September 17, 2021, 06:54:13 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I looked at yesterday's storm reports list earlier today. Zero reported tornadoes anywhere in the US.
Yep, just another wrong statement by the weather people!

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the SOX!

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #323 on: September 17, 2021, 10:03:42 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Supposed to be a storm later tonight. It's been rainy and very windy here today.

Interests: sprinklers, fire alarms, warning sirens, fans, and mostly lights

Morbid Angel

View Posts
View Gallery

Electrician/DCA Homes Inc.

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #324 on: September 25, 2021, 11:22:56 AM » Author: Morbid Angel
Well the incredibly well formed hurricane Sam continues to roar across the Atlantic growing in power and fury and will be aimed at Florida for the next several days.
Unknown if Florida will be struck but if we are...it won't be pretty!
I've been reading the data from the National Hurricane Center and it's just incredible how well this thing is formed.
I've spent only 43 years in Florida and in 2005 survived the power of 120 mph winds and 150 mph gusts as the eye of Hurricane Wilma roared right over and through Fort Lauderdale!

Make our past become the future once more!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #325 on: September 25, 2021, 11:26:19 AM » Author: Rommie
Best of luck my friend, keep yourself and those wonderful raccoonses safe  :-* :love: :racc:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

Morbid Angel

View Posts
View Gallery

Electrician/DCA Homes Inc.

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #326 on: September 25, 2021, 11:29:40 AM » Author: Morbid Angel
It's really difficult to stay safe when a hurricane has winds that exceed 140 mph!! :eoled:
But unfortunately all we can do right now is watch and wait.
Arrrgh! The clock feels like it's stopped for me!

Make our past become the future once more!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #327 on: September 25, 2021, 12:15:28 PM » Author: Bulbman256
That is [censored] insane! :poof: Jamie find good cover and a safe spot to be with your family and raccoons, and please keep us updated. :love: 8)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

The Christmas Lights Are On, But Is Anybody Home..

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #328 on: September 26, 2021, 11:43:51 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
@Morbid Angel:
You'll be fine, its turning more northward & will miss Florida, and looks like it should miss the US entirely for that matter.
Now Bermuda :o they could be in trouble.

(but we all know forecasts can change as it gets closer)

Forget the lights..just give me a good lightning storm & tornado to go watch...

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Ban LG critics

Cameron_Ouellette_10
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #329 on: September 26, 2021, 07:29:16 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Well the incredibly well formed hurricane Sam continues to roar across the Atlantic growing in power and fury and will be aimed at Florida for the next several days.
Unknown if Florida will be struck but if we are...it won't be pretty!
I've been reading the data from the National Hurricane Center and it's just incredible how well this thing is formed.
I've spent only 43 years in Florida and in 2005 survived the power of 120 mph winds and 150 mph gusts as the eye of Hurricane Wilma roared right over and through Fort Lauderdale!
Stay safe my friend!  :love:

Print 
© 2005-2021 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines