Author Topic: Cree RSW Dayburner  (Read 2906 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Cree RSW Dayburner « on: November 21, 2019, 05:26:24 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
This is my favorite LED street light and if you didn’t know I am looking for one, but here’s one in Portland, Maine dayburning.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cree RSW Dayburner « Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 03:28:35 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
With the "super snooper" photo controller they can use to monitor the neighborhoods?
No, it is a “smart city” so it distributes WiFi off the photocell.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cree RSW Dayburner « Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 05:26:20 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I read a video article that said some can actually pick up gunshots and report them to the police.
Yes, I have seen those too they look like WiFi devices on the arm but they pick up gunshots.

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Cree RSW Dayburner « Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 05:50:14 PM » Author: FGS
George Orwell 1984.

For something that detects gunshots inside cities? ??? I’m not too worried about them. I’m not the sort of idiotic morons that’d shoot their guns inside city limits. Those bullets will keep going until stopped by something hard. I wouldn’t want to be between the gun and that something hard.

(That is if said devices pick up gunshots to begin with and not some harmless WiFi smart device that simply reports on the utility devices’ health status to a central base. Like traffic lights being out or whatever that needs immediate attention.)

Got link to that vid about them being G.O. 1984 stuff?

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Cree RSW Dayburner « Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 04:09:17 PM » Author: FGS
And, it's not the idea of pinpointing gun shots, it's the idea of what's next, your movements?

Uncle Sam is gonna watch me go from home to work and from work to home on weekdays and grocery shopping on the weekends with such devices along with other 100s millions of other people in the USA on a daily basis whilst breaching the 4th Amendment? I should be terrified! :o  ::)

Imagine the immense manpower and money it’d take to spy on everyone in the country. If they’re gonna do this 1984 stuff they’d pick the most likely to cause problems for everyone else like violent criminals with rap sheets longer than CVS’s receipts and citizens from countries like Russia or North Korea.

Yeah, sure. Let’s worry about stuff that’s likely not gonna happen like tracking all of us in America whilst ignoring issues that’s definitely needs attention like our crumbling infrastructure, environment, and so on.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 04:15:22 PM by FGS » Logged

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Cree RSW Dayburner « Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 06:23:43 PM » Author: FGS
Again, what next? If the House would get off their cans, maybe we could get some infrastructure taken care of. In the "mean time", we all have a right to privacy.

Privacy on public sidewalks and roads? You serious? Even if they didn’t go 1984 mode we shouldn’t expect privacy in such areas as anyone can use them including government people. Only place you'll get real privacy is in your own home.

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Cree RSW Dayburner « Reply #6 on: November 23, 2019, 06:51:17 PM » Author: FGS
TYou really think those "controls" 30 ft in the air can be programmed to NOT go over an imaginary line into a private yard? Come on!

Even yards you don’t expect privacy. If I can see into your yard from the public sidewalk or road, privacy goes out the window unless you build an impenetrable fence around your yard.

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cree RSW Dayburner « Reply #7 on: November 23, 2019, 11:42:21 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Just put on a wig and sunglasses when you head out. If anyone asks your name for basic stuff just say its Jimmy Mcbuttfun or whatever you choose Only use your real name or show id for real things that need identity. Other than that not much you can do about privacy outside where anyone can just whip out a camera at you

Administrator #5

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cree RSW Dayburner « Reply #8 on: November 24, 2019, 02:02:36 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Yeah the photocell camera is high enough it can see into bedroom Windows. I always keep curtains closed because you never know if someone will fly a drone around your windows. One reason i want to live in thr country away from people and tech.

I take it you do not own any of those smart speakers where you tell it commands and it hears you. I'll never allow any of that into my house because they are always listening and can be hacked. Also not a believer in the whole smart connected home where everything has wifi and can be cntrolled with an app.

Administrator #5

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cree RSW Dayburner « Reply #9 on: November 24, 2019, 04:26:02 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I read a video article that said some can actually pick up gunshots and report them to the police.
Here is one in Berlin, NH with what I believe is a gunshot detector I don’t know but for all I know it could just be a WiFi “add on” Instead of built into the PC.

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cree RSW Dayburner « Reply #10 on: November 24, 2019, 04:30:48 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Tell that to the everyday citizens in china with their social credit system. The Americas will someday follow especially with people putting in these smart devices into their homes by choice.

Did you know there is a whole website dedicated to broadcasting unsecured network cameras from all around the world? People buy these things and dont set them up properly and they end up online. Its a mix of businesses security cams but there are home ones too on there.

Now dont get what i said out of context. Most of this is preventable for now by not putting smart things in the home and making sure to set passwords or use network cams on their own offline network.

Edit this was reply to FGS who has removed his post before i sent mine 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 04:33:43 PM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Administrator #5

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cree RSW Dayburner « Reply #11 on: November 24, 2019, 04:55:27 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Correct, i didnt mention the photocell thing. I just lump them into the same category as smart devices which can spy and be used for bad intents. Photocells have no business being anything more than a light switch

Administrator #5

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies