Author Topic: Portland LED changeout  (Read 1421 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Portland LED changeout « on: November 29, 2019, 06:04:33 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Found this on Google earth, notice the AEL 115s and some cree RSWs in the back.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Portland LED changeout « Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 01:22:28 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Look like private contractors.
I usually see these contractors instead of actual utility company workers.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Portland LED changeout « Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 04:38:41 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Here in Columbus with all the work they're doing on the freeways I see a lot of trucks from an electrical contractor out of West Virginia doing most of the remove/install work .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Portland LED changeout « Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 04:50:57 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Makes sense. When i talked to them last year about a few cobras that were being stored in the corner of a parking lot along with their truck and some other equipment I was told they were required per their contract to save all removed equipment for the city to pick up .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Portland LED changeout « Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 06:14:10 PM » Author: BT25
And probably to the dumpsters. I don't think they would pay someone to take the glass and ballasts out to salvage metals. But then again, it might be a contractual commitment to do so.
In some places they are required by law to scrap out a luminaire before disposal. This is the law where I live.

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies