Author Topic: Older poles in your neighborhood?  (Read 1096 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Older poles in your neighborhood? « on: December 04, 2019, 12:01:37 AM » Author: Cole D.
Are there older electrical poles near where you live? I notice the pole near our house has 1974 stamp on it. So it's somewhat older, plus it's older than our house, since house next door was older.

Some of the poles in my area were replaced with metal poles, during this year, and some also with newer wooden poles after hurricanes. After the Hurricane Irma, I had seen some poles, where the crossarms broke off of the rest of the pole and were hanging from the power lines. They replaced soon after though.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Older poles in your neighborhood? « Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 03:10:39 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Are there older electrical poles near where you live? I notice the pole near our house has 1974 stamp on it. So it's somewhat older, plus it's older than our house, since house next door was older.

Some of the poles in my area were replaced with metal poles, during this year, and some also with newer wooden poles after hurricanes. After the Hurricane Irma, I had seen some poles, where the crossarms broke off of the rest of the pole and were hanging from the power lines. They replaced soon after though.
There is a pole in our yard with a 1982 inspection tag, the house was built in 1988 maybe the pole was powering the house that was there before they built ours.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies