Author Topic: ARCHIVED FOR INFO - GE Evolve Security Lighting E2SA0A1A31402N4  (Read 4818 times)
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

ARCHIVED FOR INFO - GE Evolve Security Lighting E2SA0A1A31402N4 « on: December 03, 2019, 04:24:48 PM » Author: FGS
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F283670988527

Not my sale but apparently GE is using the same NEMA head housing for their Evolve LEDs.

At the price it’s rather cheap for LED streetlights.

(Admin edit - listing not available, thread kept for info purposes)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 08:23:53 PM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: GE Evolve Security Lighting E2SA0A1A31402N4 « Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 05:43:32 PM » Author: Cole D.
There are these too which are a little cheaper and also best offer.

GE LED

Someone said they made a low offer on one a while ago and got it for cheap.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: GE Evolve Security Lighting E2SA0A1A31402N4 « Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 06:30:29 PM » Author: FGS
You could buy two HPS NEMA's almost for the price of this junk. Correction "nice little junk". Don't want to offend some. LOL

Ahem, white light vs orange light. Why would anyone settle for CRI 22 pinkish orange lights when they could get CRI 70+ cool white light?

I rather have the greenery in my yard look alive at night than dead. Green shows up more under white light than HPS light. (MV, MH, CFL, or LED.)

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: GE Evolve Security Lighting E2SA0A1A31402N4 « Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 06:49:22 PM » Author: FGS
Yea, that glaring white light IMO. Everybody has their favorite type of lighting. I prefer incandescent outdoor.

I guess some people like changing bulbs every few months they burn out. You’re right though, everyone has their favorite type of lighting. Mine is mercury vapor btw. ;)

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Evolve Security Lighting E2SA0A1A31402N4 « Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 12:47:38 AM » Author: takemorepills
Can a NEMA gumball lens be installed on these?

Because if they can, I'd buy one. 4000K isn't too bad of a color....
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: GE Evolve Security Lighting E2SA0A1A31402N4 « Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 09:14:24 AM » Author: FGS
Can a NEMA gumball lens be installed on these?

Because if they can, I'd buy one. 4000K isn't too bad of a color....

https://www.brite-lite.com/amfilerating/file/download/file_id/144/
What size is that gumball lens?

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: GE Evolve Security Lighting E2SA0A1A31402N4 « Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 10:30:01 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
There is actually quite a few non lighting enthusiasts that I know that prefer the orange light over white light.

Orange light is

Less glary. Less bright. Easier on the eyes. Preserves the night vision.

The viewing of greenery at night is unnecessary. LED, and metal halide are harmful to the night sky, harmful to the plants you want to view as green, harmful to wildlife, and our sleep schedules. So is any light source but those two are especially bad due to their blue content. I think mercury vapor even could be considered bad although I'm not exactly sure how powerful it's blue spectrum is compared to the other two technologies. I'm also unsure about fluorescent.

I imagine in the future if humans become less thick skulled we will begin installing orange filters over the LED's to dim down the massive amounts of sky glow that we're currently creating that's furthur destroying the very ecosystem that LED's supposedly was supposed to protect. Which BTW we all know it was a money game. Corporations saw a way to push a tech that yes is efficient in some ways. But detrimental in others. They pulled the classical corporate move of preying on the ignorance of the general populous. And even our government.

Indoor LED is fine.

The complete elimination of or the extreme dimming of outdoor light sources is necessary.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 10:40:35 AM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: GE Evolve Security Lighting E2SA0A1A31402N4 « Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 10:47:19 AM » Author: Rommie
I imagine in the future if humans become less thick skulled we will begin installing orange filters over the LED's to dim down the massive amounts of sky glow that we're currently creating that's furthur destroying the very ecosystem that LED's supposedly was supposed to protect. Which BTW we all know it was a money game. Corporations saw a way to push a tech that yes is efficient in some ways. But detrimental in others.
At the risk of getting political, I am convinced that a lot of behind the scenes activity in the 'corridors of power' has something to do with the speed with which LED is being installed, especially here in the UK and EU. Otherwise, why replace entire streets of perfectly serviceable HPS lamps overnight, as they did here last year..?

I'm also somewhat sceptical about just how 'green' the production of LED lighting is. The carbon expenditure in the production of these lamps is, in my opinion, very unlikely to be recouped by the energy saved in their use.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: GE Evolve Security Lighting E2SA0A1A31402N4 « Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 10:49:48 AM » Author: FGS
There is actually quite a few non lighting enthusiasts that I know that prefer the orange light over white light.

Orange light is

Less glary. Less bright. Easier on the eyes. Preserves the night vision.

The viewing of greenery at night is unnecessary. LED, and metal halide are harmful to the night sky, harmful to the plants you want to view as green, harmful to wildlife, and our sleep schedules. So is any light source but those two are especially bad due to their blue content. I think mercury vapor even could be considered bad although I'm not exactly sure how powerful it's blue spectrum is compared to the other two technologies. I'm also unsure about fluorescent.

https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=3847&pos=38&pid=113842
https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=3847&pos=37&pid=114707
Less glary? Easy on the eyes? Coated HPS bulbs maybe but most certainly not clear ones.

The greenery on plants popping instead of dull looking it’s because the light is reflected off the leaves instead of absorbed for use in photosynthesis. There’s a reason they use HPS in grow lights instead of MV or white LEDs.

https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=3&pid=141544
Floating nuclear waste sky glow anyone?

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: GE Evolve Security Lighting E2SA0A1A31402N4 « Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 10:53:28 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
At the risk of getting political, I am convinced that a lot of behind the scenes activity in the 'corridors of power' has something to do with the speed with which LED is being installed, especially here in the UK and EU. Otherwise, why replace entire streets of perfectly serviceable HPS lamps overnight, as they did here last year..?

I'm also somewhat sceptical about just how 'green' the production of LED lighting is. The carbon expenditure in the production of these lamps is, in my opinion, very unlikely to be recouped by the energy saved in their use.

Especially all the Chinese junk and even stuff manufactured by the bigger corporations that fails before it even reaches its maximum service life. Then it gets dumped.

Even if sent to the recycling... Recycling requires energy. Melting down aluminum, reclaiming resources from circuit boards, disposing of the fumes from such processes... All while most recycling centers are still being powered by coal.

We should have instead of focusing millions upon millions of dollars on Lighting. We should have spent the same on installing tons of rooftop solar panels and geothermal.

Instead of focusing on eliminating energy usage. Instead focus on elimination of dirty energy production such as coal fired plants.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: GE Evolve Security Lighting E2SA0A1A31402N4 « Reply #10 on: December 04, 2019, 10:55:37 AM » Author: FGS

“Corridor of power.” How is it different from what HPS did back in 90s and 2000s? Replacing perfectly good MV and MH lights for HPS overnight in some cases. In some places they removed a complete HPS fixture with another HPS fixture. Old one had the drop lens refractor while new one had the flat glass pane. Would it have been cheaper to simply swap the glass instead? Same fixture series AEL 125 so that should have been easy.

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Evolve Security Lighting E2SA0A1A31402N4 « Reply #11 on: December 04, 2019, 11:05:54 AM » Author: takemorepills
https://www.brite-lite.com/amfilerating/file/download/file_id/144/
What size is that gumball lens?

The Evolve LED was referred to as "NEMA head housing" I think by definition, "NEMA" means interchangeable parts, not a certain appearance.

I have an old GE gumball, I'll have to measure it. But, looking at the pics it seems "close" but I highly doubt a NEMA lens will attach to the Evolve. Therefore, it may not be correct to call it a "NEMA head".
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Evolve Security Lighting E2SA0A1A31402N4 « Reply #12 on: December 04, 2019, 11:09:43 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=3847&pos=38&pid=113842
https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=3847&pos=37&pid=114707
Less glary? Easy on the eyes? Coated HPS bulbs maybe but most certainly not clear ones.

The greenery on plants popping instead of dull looking it’s because the light is reflected off the leaves instead of absorbed for use in photosynthesis. There’s a reason they use HPS in grow lights instead of MV or white LEDs.

https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=3&pid=141544
Floating nuclear waste sky glow anyone?

400 watt HPS is more common inside industrial complexes than it is streetlight around here.  It is also always inside an FCO fitting. Which is satisfactory enough and only generally in use around busy busy roads that people are primarily only staring at other idiot drivers anyway. The rest are 100 and 150 which are yes. Easier on the eyes. LED emits way more glare from its point light sources that has large amounts of blue spectrum which makes terrible halos and anialates night vision.

Just because the specific green portions of the spectrum emmited by LED's is indeed reflected doesn't mean the rest isn't still being absorbed. Which is still bad. They're still performing photosynthesis. Likely even more efficiently than under HPS lamps because white light is closer to natural daylight.

Which is a HUGE nono at night.

The nuclear waste sky glow is bad. Yes but it's not bad because of orange light. It's bad because BRIGHT lights. LED does the same thing. Only difference is it's sky glow has more blue content. Making it WORSE than HPS sky glow.

The HPS sky glow could've been mitigated by using low wattage fixtures and even furthur dimming down the light with colored filters. Same can be done with LED's. They'd probably need a deep orange filter.

~Owen

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Evolve Security Lighting E2SA0A1A31402N4 « Reply #13 on: December 04, 2019, 11:14:01 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
My city abandoned their LED change over years ago but there are pockets with LED lights and looking at the sky at night i can see pockets of white skyglow and surrounding orange glow. In winter this gets pretty bright

Administrator #5

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Evolve Security Lighting E2SA0A1A31402N4 « Reply #14 on: December 04, 2019, 11:24:39 AM » Author: takemorepills
I'll add some gas to the anti-LED fire....

It seems everyone in my area will replace 400 watts of "old-tech" lighting with 500 watts of LED lighting, then leave it on 24/7!
Seattle City Light doesn't even maintain their central lighting systems anymore, there's many areas in Seattle that have dayburning LED lighting, and it's been that way for over 5 years.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies