Author Topic: Induction lighting in Europe  (Read 1392 times)
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Induction lighting in Europe « on: December 25, 2019, 06:56:20 AM » Author: Jovan
Hello to everyone.I am going to repost this topic cause I deleted it by mistake.So the question is have you ever seen in massive use induction lights and how long do they last.Sorry for misdeleting
kai

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Induction lighting in Europe « Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 12:42:39 PM » Author: kai
I know two installations on railway platforms, but that's all. The technology is all but hugely popular here in Germany.
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Induction lighting in Europe « Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 03:29:23 AM » Author: Michael
I‘m taking care for one street light lantern with Philips QL 85W lamp in our historical town. It was installed in 1996 and still runs well.

There are some larger grocery stores, malls and exhibition halls throughout Switzerland which are lit by high bay fixtures having these QL lamps. Of course their number is now declining fast.

The historic part of the city of Thun BE is lit almost entirely by QL lamps. In this situation the bulbs are caged in an additional metal wire lattice to reduce the HF electro magnetic fields.
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Induction lighting in Europe « Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 12:14:59 PM » Author: Jovan
I know two installations on railway platforms, but that's all. The technology is all but hugely popular here in Germany.

Is it working reliable ?Good thing that fluorescent lights are still alive.
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Induction lighting in Europe « Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 01:36:11 PM » Author: Jovan
I‘m taking care for one street light lantern with Philips QL 85W lamp in our historical town. It was installed in 1996 and still runs well.

There are some larger grocery stores, malls and exhibition halls throughout Switzerland which are lit by high bay fixtures having these QL lamps. Of course their number is now declining fast.

The historic part of the city of Thun BE is lit almost entirely by QL lamps. In this situation the bulbs are caged in an additional metal wire lattice to reduce the HF electro magnetic fields.
Does it interfierre with radios and cellphones ?
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Induction lighting in Europe « Reply #5 on: January 01, 2020, 04:43:13 AM » Author: Michael
Does it interfierre with radios and cellphones ?

I don’t know what kind of appliances are being disturbed by the HF interference signal in the town but I may ask the responsible person at the next meeting in this year.
The QL system has 2.65MHz.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies