Author Topic: GE a Daintree Company?  (Read 426 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
GE a Daintree Company? « on: January 01, 2020, 09:24:24 AM » Author: Cole D.
I noticed on GE's Currents website, it now says "a Daintree Company". I guess that mean GE have now sold the lighting business?

GE Lighting

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery
Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: GE a Daintree Company? « Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 09:54:38 AM » Author: dor123
Yes. This is the same situation as Osram and US Sylvania (Ledvance), and Philips (Signify).

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the European date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 230-240V, 50hz country.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226
Re: GE a Daintree Company? « Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 02:33:22 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Another conglomerate cluster that will eventually go the wayside like the other companies that have been vandalized and finally drained of all the money by the "management".

Was Westinghouse one of those?

~Owen

Color changing lamp Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps Cool Color changing lamp

View Posts
View Gallery

I like yellow light

Re: GE a Daintree Company? « Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 05:02:11 AM » Author: 589
It was a rebranding after AIP acquired GE’s lighting division.

https://www.ledsmagazine.com/smart-lighting-iot/article/14069300/ge-current-changes-name-restates-revenue

LPS bulb

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

RADIAL WAVES STILL LIVE!

Re: GE a Daintree Company? « Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 02:50:25 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Thanks to that Unitil used to use the GE lights now they went to the Ugly Cooper OVHs... just great. Roll Eyes

Long live Mercury Vapor and Incandescent street lighting!

Mr. Orthosilicate

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE a Daintree Company? « Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 04:01:28 PM » Author: Mr. Orthosilicate
Look at this article. GE only sold the LED business; the North American consumer division is still owned by them, for now at least. Unfortunately, they’ve also been trying to get rid of the rest of their lighting business, but no company has been willing to buy it so far.

https://247wallst.com/industrials/2018/11/06/ge-sells-current-led-unit-without-selling-ge-lighting/
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

RADIAL WAVES STILL LIVE!

Re: GE a Daintree Company? « Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 04:23:05 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Look at this article. GE only sold the LED business; the North American consumer division is still owned by them, for now at least. Unfortunately, they’ve also been trying to get rid of the rest of their lighting business, but no company has been willing to buy it so far.

https://247wallst.com/industrials/2018/11/06/ge-sells-current-led-unit-without-selling-ge-lighting/
I wonder what NHEC will do since they only use GE Leds.

Long live Mercury Vapor and Incandescent street lighting!

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines