Author Topic: Cooper NEMA with low mounted socket - on eBay  (Read 403 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Cooper NEMA with low mounted socket - on eBay « on: January 11, 2020, 09:49:05 PM » Author: Cole D.
I don't know why the socket and ignitor are mounted so low to the head, on that bracket.

Cooper NEMA

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cooper NEMA with low mounted socket - on eBay « Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 12:20:45 AM » Author: HPSM250R2
I don't know why the socket and ignitor are mounted so low to the head, on that bracket.

Cooper NEMA

I sent a message asking what the correct model is of the fixture. The socket appears to be medium base. Which could explain why it is mounted so low, so the lamp will be correctly positioned in the reflector. I am guessing it is PSMH. I'll post an update when I find out.
GE101R

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cooper NEMA with low mounted socket - on eBay « Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 07:26:54 AM » Author: GE101R
Easy ignitor change out in the field.
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cooper NEMA with low mounted socket - on eBay « Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 02:51:21 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
To me this looks like a 100W/M90 (C90/E). To much IMO with a cracked lens.
This luminaire has a shrouded socket so that it will only take protected lamps, such as a Sylvania MP100/U/MED.

Looks like it doesn't have a terminal block. I really dislike when utility grade fixtures don't have a terminal block. To me it makes it seem like a residential grade fixture lol.
Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Hunter

Re: Cooper NEMA with low mounted socket - on eBay « Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 07:19:56 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
Strange! It says it is a RMA. But, it looks much diffrent from my Westinghouse RMA. And this seller calls it a "nh-1204m"! Here is a NH1204M: https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5471&pos=22&pid=166258 .
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cooper NEMA with low mounted socket - on eBay « Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 07:55:32 AM » Author: HPSM250R2
Strange! It says it is a RMA. But, it looks much diffrent from my Westinghouse RMA. And this seller calls it a "nh-1204m"! Here is a NH1204M: https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5471&pos=22&pid=166258 .

It is an RMA. Cooper Lighting bought out Westinghouse. The photocontrol receptacle is mounted shorter however it still has the Westinghouse designed receptacle. The mogul porcelain lamp socket/terminal block combo is also a Westinghouse design. Obviously on this one they did not use that socket because they used a medium base.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

105555521242365640724 UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg zfarmadillo
Re: Cooper NEMA with low mounted socket - on eBay « Reply #6 on: January 13, 2020, 09:33:42 PM » Author: Lumex120
It's definitely a PSMH version. Look at the socket, if you look closely it's one of those special sockets for the open rated lamps.

Any machine is a smoke machine if you operate it wrong enough.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Cooper NEMA with low mounted socket - on eBay « Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 12:03:39 PM » Author: Cole D.
The listing has ended, but doesn't say it sold.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

Re: Cooper NEMA with low mounted socket - on eBay « Reply #8 on: January 18, 2020, 12:38:50 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The listing has ended, but doesn't say it sold.
It will have reached the end of the auction period, and will probably be re-listed soon.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen)

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber  -  US author, cartoonist, humourist, & satirist (1894 - 1961)

WestinghouseCeramalux

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Cooper NEMA with low mounted socket - on eBay « Reply #9 on: January 18, 2020, 07:07:13 PM » Author: WestinghouseCeramalux
I think that it was sold...

The truth of a matter, is not determined by how many people believe it.

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines