Author Topic: A light source has emerged that is better than LED.  (Read 9727 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: A light source has emerged that is better than LED. « Reply #30 on: May 18, 2020, 02:38:16 PM » Author: Lumex120
I may design a American XED fixture, the lowest wattage is 35w. I would make the nema tag orange and it would say: 35x
As far as I know, purple hasn't been taken as a NEMA tag color so you could just do that.

Unofficial LG Discord

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: A light source has emerged that is better than LED. « Reply #31 on: May 20, 2020, 04:48:18 PM » Author: Binarix128
What about the existing xenon lamps? are the "newer" ones different in some way?
SodiumCapital

View Posts
View Gallery

HID FTW

UCfbWteal5F__jqxRlWqJ96g
Re: A light source has emerged that is better than LED. « Reply #32 on: May 22, 2020, 04:45:00 PM » Author: SodiumCapital
Doesn't seem like that this technology is going to go anywhere if it is a legit light source sadly. Like what everyone that pointed this out said; it's way too late in the competition. LED has become so widespread and mainstream in the lighting industry that no one who has gone LED would think twice about a more efficient source any time soon. LED technology is far too new to phase out at the moment anyway. All existing bulbs and fixtures that aren't from the early LED days haven't even turned 10 years old yet... But honestly I wish that this became a real thing that worked well back in the late 2000's. We wouldn't have such a whiplash in fixture designs today.
All well, got me excited for a couple minutes at least  :lol:
lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: A light source has emerged that is better than LED. « Reply #33 on: May 19, 2021, 12:01:57 AM » Author: lights*plus
This is an interesting read. Nothing to add (yet). Just bumping the thread so I can stay informed with updates.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: A light source has emerged that is better than LED. « Reply #34 on: May 19, 2021, 07:27:56 AM » Author: Lumex120
This is an interesting read. Nothing to add (yet). Just bumping the thread so I can stay informed with updates.
I'm hoping more comes out of this, not holding my breath though.

Unofficial LG Discord

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies