Author Topic: Fluorescent Lamp Sales Decline  (Read 1787 times)
Mr. Orthosilicate

View Posts
View Gallery

Fluorescent Lamp Sales Decline « on: January 21, 2020, 04:01:15 PM » Author: Mr. Orthosilicate
I found this article by NEMA on the market penetration of fluorescent lamps and their sales over the last few years. The picture painted is certainly a grim outlook. It’s definitely worse now, considering that almost 4 years have passed since it was written. Sooner or later, the decline should start to level off as people finish retrofitting things and most lamp sales become for replacement purposes as opposed to new installations.

https://www.nema.org/news/Pages/Linear-Fluorescent-Lamp-Indexes-Continue-to-Decline-in-the-Third-Quarter-of-2016.aspx
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 04:06:13 PM by Mr. Orthosilicate » Logged

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Fluorescent Lamp Sales Decline « Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 07:12:24 AM » Author: 589
Yea and even beyond that people are using LED retrofit tubes and CFLs instead of proper lamps as well. I’ve even been guilty of installing such abominations, only because that was what was available.

:lps:

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Fluorescent Lamp Sales Decline « Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 07:29:16 AM » Author: AngryHorse
This shouldn’t really be a surprise to anyone, I’d reckon by 2029 there won’t even be anyone making gas discharge lamps of any type in the mainstream market?, with the only ones being left to buy being poorly made and not worth using?

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Mr. Orthosilicate

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fluorescent Lamp Sales Decline « Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 10:14:42 AM » Author: Mr. Orthosilicate
I’m not surprised by the declining sales at all. It’s just a sad reality that those lamps will soon disappear due to the inevitable changes in the market.

If anyone has any fixtures that use unusual lamps, now’s the time to buy cases of replacements before they get discontinued.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Fluorescent Lamp Sales Decline « Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 11:46:12 AM » Author: dor123
Fluorescent lamps getting rarer these days in Israel, as they are replaced by linear LEDs and LED tubes.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies