Author Topic: New Year Resolutions  (Read 4223 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: New Year Resolutions « Reply #15 on: January 07, 2020, 12:15:12 PM » Author: CEB1993
I've been busy with work and have let a few things slip the past few months.  Some things I could improve on this new year...

Find a long-term job that's related to lighting and architecture.

Do not overcommit myself and take more time to relax, to de-stress, and to enjoy myself.

Learn to say "no" to commitments without feeling guilty.

Lose weight and try to eat healthier foods.

Improve my sleep habits by going to bed earlier and waking up earlier.

Get back into building/repairing fluorescent light fixtures and make time for other hobbies I enjoy.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: New Year Resolutions « Reply #16 on: January 07, 2020, 12:18:47 PM » Author: Rommie
@ CEB1993

I can relate to most of those, but

Improve my sleep habits by going to bed earlier and waking up earlier

is never going to happen anytime soon around here  ;D :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: New Year Resolutions « Reply #17 on: January 07, 2020, 02:32:21 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
@ Camden

We can certainly relate to:

Do not overcommit myself and take more time to relax, to de-stress, and to enjoy myself.

We're experts at that.!!  :D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: New Year Resolutions « Reply #18 on: January 07, 2020, 06:32:45 PM » Author: CEB1993
I’m hoping my Philips smart LED bulbs will help me improve my sleep habits. I can set them to my custom soft pink color and dim them to get me ready for bed. I can also set them to turn on automatically in the morning at a cooler color temperature to help me feel more energized as I wake up.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: New Year Resolutions « Reply #19 on: January 07, 2020, 06:34:20 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I’m hoping my Philips smart LED bulbs will help me improve my sleep habits. I can set them to my custom soft pink color and dim them to get me ready for bed. I can also set them to turn on automatically in the morning at a cooler color temperature to help me feel more energized as I wake up.
Waking up to the light of a SOX lamp does the trick for us.!  ;D

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New Year Resolutions « Reply #20 on: January 08, 2020, 10:07:50 AM » Author: boiler1011
Nothing huge, more stay the course:

Continue to expand my future savings initiatives.

Stay out of unnecessary debt or spending that I can't pay off within a pay period.

Continue and improve upon healthy exercise and eating habits

If time allows, complete Firefighter 1 certification.
migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: New Year Resolutions « Reply #21 on: January 13, 2020, 07:46:56 AM » Author: migette1
Has anyone here made any New Year Resolutions..? And more to the point, are you likely to keep them..?  :D

Lighting wise, ours is to complete the collection of LPS lamps, we still have a few different wattages to collect for the full set.

Personally, I will also try my hardest not to get into any arguments or disagreements on the site, as I have been guilty of in the past. Life is too short and none of us are getting any younger.

Hugs & STUFF to all for 2020,

Ria  :-* :-* :-*

A year older and just as mad my birthday today arrived in 1944 just after W W 2. Yes more checking out bootsales and Ebay hopefully.

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: New Year Resolutions « Reply #22 on: January 13, 2020, 09:19:42 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I should have one of getting Skywarn storm spotter trained/certified.

That or/and go out & actually see myself a tornado (videocamera in hand .lol. )

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: New Year Resolutions « Reply #23 on: January 17, 2020, 09:38:18 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I've just seen a guest looking at the topic about programming in Python, that's something else I should try and get back into.  :-\

The trouble is that there are so many things I want to do, and only so many hours in the day.  :D

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies