Author Topic: Need pier mount for Westinghouse streetlight  (Read 2997 times)
ElZagna
Need pier mount for Westinghouse streetlight « on: January 06, 2009, 10:28:15 PM » Author: ElZagna
I'm restoring an old house in Calvert, Texas and I have a couple of old Westinghouse streetlights on the grounds. I'm pretty sure they are the hollowspun concrete models shown in this catalog.

One that I have is complete but the other is missing the pier mount or pedestal that connects the globe to the post. This is a picture of what I need.

I have looked for years for this hardware but with no luck. (The globes have been fairly easy to find on eBay.) So I'm looking to you folks for some help.

Any idea where I can find such a thing? I'd prefer an exact match, but at this point I'd settle on anything that would attach the globe to the post.

Thanks for your help.
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Need pier mount for Westinghouse streetlight « Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 01:34:30 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
one of the best guys I can think of you asking for suggestions would be this guy with those pictures here he even has restored gas lanterns too....

Perhaps contacting him will help?

I am happy you are trying to restore an old fixture, that is totally respected...By the way welcome to Lighting-Gallery.net and I am happy you came to us and we will try our best....often old fixtures (really old) are harder to find for parts and stuff..but still possible!!!

Good luck on restoring an old house and kudos to you for restoring old things!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

ElZagna
Re: Need pier mount for Westinghouse streetlight « Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 11:12:35 AM » Author: ElZagna
Thanks TudorWhiz. I just sent Steven an email, so maybe he'll be able to help me out.

Thanks also for your kind words about my restoration efforts. A lot of people can't understand why I don't just toss the old stuff and put in Home Depot replacements. Oh, well...
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Need pier mount for Westinghouse streetlight « Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 12:56:44 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Here's a good reason not to toss old stuff and use Home Depot stuff... (some pictures had "replacement lights which looks bad or cheesy")

I am happy there's people like you, who loves to restore or fix stuff....Hope you can get it to fix, if not, you don't have to toss it out, but set it aside and put a temporary light until you find what you need......Steve once needed something see here, but he eventually found the part he needed!

-Jace

Thanks TudorWhiz. I just sent Steven an email, so maybe he'll be able to help me out.

Thanks also for your kind words about my restoration efforts. A lot of people can't understand why I don't just toss the old stuff and put in Home Depot replacements. Oh, well...

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies