Author Topic: Westinghouse ad for replacing incandescent schoolhouse pendants with fluorescent  (Read 2207 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Westinghouse ad for replacing incandescent schoolhouse pendants with fluorescent « on: December 08, 2020, 12:07:34 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
What do you think of this old advertisement for upgrading school classroom lighting? I imagine that the “new” fluorescent lighting that was advertised was probably preheat since this video was dated to 1951 and I imagine there were no rapid start fluorescent fixtures yet.

Here is the video:

https://youtu.be/tP9mQ0Kl6EM

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Westinghouse ad for replacing incandescent schoolhouse pendants with fluorescent « Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 08:39:42 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
The incandescent fixtures look like gumball Street lights!

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Westinghouse ad for replacing incandescent schoolhouse pendants with fluorescent « Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 02:54:26 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
The incandescent fixtures look like gumball Street lights!

Seems like they have very deep schoolhouse globes and possibly took 300-500w ps35 incandescents. How would their diffused shades throw glare on dark desktops?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies