Author Topic: Ideas, recommendations and existing lamp displays.  (Read 1546 times)
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Ideas, recommendations and existing lamp displays. « on: January 25, 2020, 04:44:04 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I was thinking of using old wooden or metal shelves, attaching sockets and wiring each individual socket to a switch board so I can turn on one or all the lamps at once aswell as dimming and all that jazz... For the HID sections I may have to do separate circuits with individual ballasts which sound like the control gear for that is gonna be a cabinet full to the brim with wire spaghetti...

I'm also probably gonna get glass Infront of them to protect from both my clumsiness and possible issues with other people getting a bit too curious and breaking something... I'd hate for something really rare like my /X lamp get destroyed!

But I also hate the idea of leaving my lamps in boxes! It looks more like a hoard of lamps than a collection right now!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 04:45:35 AM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Ideas, recommendations and existing lamp displays. « Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 05:40:52 AM » Author: AngryHorse
The shelf idea sounds the best  8), I wish I had the room to display lamps, mine are just screwed to battens in the attic, but their all random placed and as it’s only me that can see them, their not much of a display!, I’d like a huge empty room that I could do the shelves idea in!  ;D

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Ideas, recommendations and existing lamp displays. « Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 08:41:45 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We will get round to putting up shelves one of these days for displaying some of our collection on, at the moment they're just in crates on a couple of shelves in a cupboard.  :(

Though with our purchases over the past couple of months that has spilled over into lying on any spare surface there is.!  :D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Ideas, recommendations and existing lamp displays. « Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 11:33:27 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I plan on getting some used glass display cases for my lamps . That way they're SAFE !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Ideas, recommendations and existing lamp displays. « Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 09:05:01 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I plan on getting some used glass display cases for my lamps . That way they're SAFE !
Ah, just wait until your catses learn to open them...  :D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Ideas, recommendations and existing lamp displays. « Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 12:58:05 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
That wouldn't surprise me one bit !  ::)

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Ideas, recommendations and existing lamp displays. « Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 10:05:54 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Ah, just wait until your catses learn to open them...  :D

:D

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: Ideas, recommendations and existing lamp displays. « Reply #7 on: February 02, 2020, 12:03:26 PM » Author: migette1
My two are too trained not to damage the collection mind you they did try playing with the low down hanging lamps so had to place them higher up, as a lot of you know I do hang many lamps up on battens glued to the wall...safe as houses...hopefully still got plenty in boxes just need more space!

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Ideas, recommendations and existing lamp displays. « Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 04:31:56 PM » Author: Rommie
Just wait until catses develop opposable thumbs, then we're all doomed  :o 🐱

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies