Author Topic: Donation  (Read 2222 times)
sox35

View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

Re: Donation « Reply #15 on: October 24, 2019, 09:41:24 AM » Author: sox35
I might be interested, if you want someone in a different time zone. I've run my own amateur radio bulletin board in the past, also I've done moderation on a Usenet group. As you know, Sammi and I are on the site for a good proportion of the day on most days.

As for getting on with people, as you'll know I've had differences of opinion (to put it one way..!) with a few people in the past, but that's all behind me now. I like to think I get on well with everyone here now  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 09:43:01 AM by sox35 » Logged

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end  Smiley

Lumex120

View Gallery

105555521242365640724 UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg zfarmadillo
Re: Donation « Reply #16 on: November 01, 2019, 08:26:36 PM » Author: Lumex120
Thanks guys, I appreciate the offer.  Personally, I feel the most valuable way to contribute further would be to volunteer time rather than money.  If any of you would like to assist with moderation or web development, we'd be happy to consider bringing you on.  We receive many suggestions, and unfortunately are only able to respond to a fraction of them today.  More funding will do little to change that, but additional resources might.  I can't guarantee we'll have an opportunity for everybody, but if you are interested in helping out, please let us know.
If you are in need of it, I could potentially volunteer for moderation and maybe some web development. I have quite a bit of moderation experience, most of it is from multiplayer games but also a few small forums (much smaller than LG). I also spend a decent amount of time on here as you probably know already. I might be able to help out a little bit with things like web development too, then again this site hasn't changed much in 10 years and I'm more familiar with newer stuff.

Any machine is a smoke machine if you operate it wrong enough.

Danny

View Gallery

Re: Donation « Reply #17 on: November 02, 2019, 01:43:30 AM » Author: Danny
I would be more than happy to help. I moderate an english site, The Lamp Room. I may not know much about the technical side of running the sites though. But i would be more than happy to keep a watch over the site on a daily basis. Accepting new members, stepping in on any issues, hopefully spotting any flame wars before they escalate snd locking or removing the topics / comments, of course anything i do would be run past you guys first in the group chat.  on the Lamp room i mod and the facebook groups i run, we always discuss new members and do a bit of digging to make sure they are not promoters etc. Im more than happy helping out where i can, this is a site ive always enjoyed and probably always will. As some people on here know ive had my rows with people on here over the years but who hasn't. However i think 99% of that has been resolved now and we are largely all on speaking terms now which is always what i aim for in the end. I think an english mod here might be a good thing too as it might bring some of the other English guys back (as there used to be loads) knowing they have an english mod that they know well and meet regular in person with
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 01:46:51 AM by Danny » Logged
Edmund Ironside

View Gallery

Re: Donation « Reply #18 on: November 05, 2019, 12:37:20 PM » Author: Edmund Ironside
I really don't have any time to put up for moderation duty or anything like that, but I would be up for spending a buck or two to help the site.

Maybe you could add a PayPal donation button or something to the site.

Made in Sweden

GE101R

View Gallery

Re: Donation « Reply #19 on: November 09, 2019, 10:24:36 AM » Author: GE101R
I really don't have any time to put up for moderation duty or anything like that, but I would be up for spending a buck or two to help the site.

Maybe you could add a PayPal donation button or something to the site.

Me as well.
Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines