Author Topic: Donation  (Read 5193 times)
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Donation « on: January 13, 2009, 09:06:23 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
To all members,

Donation is ready! We had donations that was enough to keep this webpage running for one extra year last year. It is the time again.  You have the option to help keep the LG running for another year or not to help. 130 dollars is the goal, if you all gather up it adds up.  There is a meter on the upper right side of the Forum side of the page to show how much we have made. Reach the Goal!  Thanks all!

-The Lighting Gallery Team
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 09:22:53 AM by TudorWhiz » Logged

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

pslawinski
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

1kW Narva Blue

Re: Donation « Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 08:56:03 AM » Author: pslawinski
I'd just like to thank everyone who contributed to the hosting costs.  Your donations are what keep this site alive!  I may have lost interest in this hobby a while back, but that doesn't mean that I am planning on taking the site down any time soon.  So long as kind members keep supporting the site.

A special thanks goes to Roger Huffman (vintagefluorescent).  Roger donated $85 dollars to keeping the site alive, I believe we all owe him a big thanks!

I have a six-pack of F20T12 Westinghouse Sun-Lamps, along with some other fluorescent lamps with your name on them if you're interested Roger.  Contact me at my e-mail address (which is the same as my paypal address).

Phillip Slawinski
Founder, Lighting-Gallery.net

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Donation « Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 08:06:06 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Thank you for the donation!

For 2009
Credits to

Andreas Falkenhagen - $10
Colin Grimes - $20
Darren Harward - $10
David Lay - $20
Don Scalf - $20
Francis Festa - $10
Geoffrey Schieman - $15
Jason Chapman - $10
Michael Biedron - $10
Roger Huffman - $85

For 2008
Credits to

Colin Grimes - $20
Don Scalf - $60
Jason Chapman - $7.77
Kevin Boswell - $5
Patrick Scott   Time, Fixtures, Help
Richard Bushey - $15
Robert Brasher - $10
Sander Sloots - $45
Spencer Pidgeon - $20
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 08:09:10 AM by TudorWhiz » Logged

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Lightingguy1994

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Donation « Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 04:01:24 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Is this fundraiser still a thing in 2019?

Throw rox at sox

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Donation « Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 05:33:52 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I wouldn't mind throwing the site some dollars to keep the site strong.

~Owen

Color changing lamp Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps Cool Color changing lamp

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Donation « Reply #5 on: October 23, 2019, 06:31:29 PM » Author: Patrick
Thanks guys, I appreciate the offer.  Personally, I feel the most valuable way to contribute further would be to volunteer time rather than money.  If any of you would like to assist with moderation or web development, we'd be happy to consider bringing you on.  We receive many suggestions, and unfortunately are only able to respond to a fraction of them today.  More funding will do little to change that, but additional resources might.  I can't guarantee we'll have an opportunity for everybody, but if you are interested in helping out, please let us know.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Lightingguy1994

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Donation « Reply #6 on: October 23, 2019, 06:35:34 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Out of curiosity, what are the requirements for being a moderator? Are there any special requirements or skills needed.

Throw rox at sox

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Donation « Reply #7 on: October 23, 2019, 06:46:06 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
2009?Huh?
I've bumped threads before too. I don't believe it is a bad idea to dig up old topics sometimes.

~Owen

Color changing lamp Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps Cool Color changing lamp

Lightingguy1994

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Donation « Reply #8 on: October 23, 2019, 06:53:35 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Ahh! I was ondering why he said 2009 as a question.

Its good to revive old topics. This topic was posted before I and many others were registered on this site. Bumping them back to light allows it to be seen by those who missed its original posting.

That and i wanted to ask if its topic still was relevant to which Patrick provided me an answer so it worked out
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 07:34:54 PM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Throw rox at sox

Lightingguy1994

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Donation « Reply #9 on: October 23, 2019, 07:04:10 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I was looking at the whos online thing and saw a guest was reading that topic so i right clicked it to a new tab and gave it a read. If it werent for that guest reading it, i wouldn't have seen it.

Throw rox at sox

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Donation « Reply #10 on: October 23, 2019, 07:27:42 PM » Author: Patrick
To be a moderator, first and foremost we'll want you to be free for to monitor the site for some portion of your day, most days.  As long as you can at least review activity a couple times a day for a brief period, that's a good starting point.  If you're extremely busy with work, schools, or family obligations to the point where you're only active on the site a couple times a week, that's not enough.  It's not a huge time commitment, but we do want people available to answer questions and be ready to step in should a dispute arise.

Good communications skills are important, and the ability to employ sound judgement in the event of a disagreement.  We need people that won't shy away from enforcing the rules, but at the same time, can be level headed and impartial.  We'd like people who have maintained good relationships with the membership overall, that have had few clashes with others.  I realize that last point might be unfair in a sense, but it is important that moderators remain objective.

We'd prefer those that have been members in good standing for roughly a year at least.  If you have prior experience with forum moderation/administration, all the better.  We do use a Facebook chat, so it helps if you're on Facebook.  We don't need a too many more people.  I'm thinking if we got one or two, that'd be plenty.  At a certain point, coordination becomes a greater burden.

As for web work, at some point I wouldn't mind getting somebody else with forums, design, PHP, JavaScript, and/or servers/hosting.  It'd be helpful to have on somebody else with at least some these skills.  I believe Rudy could handle a few of these function if need be, but for the most part I'm the only one at the present.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

missriaelaine
Re: Donation « Reply #11 on: October 24, 2019, 09:41:24 AM » Author: sox35
I might be interested, if you want someone in a different time zone. I've run my own amateur radio bulletin board in the past, also I've done moderation on a Usenet group. As you know, Sammi and I are on the site for a good proportion of the day on most days.

As for getting on with people, as you'll know I've had differences of opinion (to put it one way..!) with a few people in the past, but that's all behind me now. I like to think I get on well with everyone here now  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 09:43:01 AM by sox35 » Logged

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end Love

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

sam.rinne.75 UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg zfarmadillo
Re: Donation « Reply #12 on: November 01, 2019, 08:26:36 PM » Author: Lumex120
Thanks guys, I appreciate the offer.  Personally, I feel the most valuable way to contribute further would be to volunteer time rather than money.  If any of you would like to assist with moderation or web development, we'd be happy to consider bringing you on.  We receive many suggestions, and unfortunately are only able to respond to a fraction of them today.  More funding will do little to change that, but additional resources might.  I can't guarantee we'll have an opportunity for everybody, but if you are interested in helping out, please let us know.
If you are in need of it, I could potentially volunteer for moderation and maybe some web development. I have quite a bit of moderation experience, most of it is from multiplayer games but also a few small forums (much smaller than LG). I also spend a decent amount of time on here as you probably know already. I might be able to help out a little bit with things like web development too, then again this site hasn't changed much in 10 years and I'm more familiar with newer stuff.

Any machine is a smoke machine if you operate it wrong enough.

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Donation « Reply #13 on: November 02, 2019, 01:43:30 AM » Author: Danny
I would be more than happy to help. I moderate an english site, The Lamp Room. I may not know much about the technical side of running the sites though. But i would be more than happy to keep a watch over the site on a daily basis. Accepting new members, stepping in on any issues, hopefully spotting any flame wars before they escalate snd locking or removing the topics / comments, of course anything i do would be run past you guys first in the group chat.  on the Lamp room i mod and the facebook groups i run, we always discuss new members and do a bit of digging to make sure they are not promoters etc. Im more than happy helping out where i can, this is a site ive always enjoyed and probably always will. As some people on here know ive had my rows with people on here over the years but who hasn't. However i think 99% of that has been resolved now and we are largely all on speaking terms now which is always what i aim for in the end. I think an english mod here might be a good thing too as it might bring some of the other English guys back (as there used to be loads) knowing they have an english mod that they know well and meet regular in person with
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 01:46:51 AM by Danny » Logged
Edmund Ironside

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Donation « Reply #14 on: November 05, 2019, 12:37:20 PM » Author: Edmund Ironside
I really don't have any time to put up for moderation duty or anything like that, but I would be up for spending a buck or two to help the site.

Maybe you could add a PayPal donation button or something to the site.

Made in Sweden

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines