Author Topic: What a waste of lamps!  (Read 1932 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
What a waste of lamps! « on: February 03, 2020, 10:30:38 PM » Author: HPS_250
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQjL0MrjzPI

Found this video while searching for fluorescent starters online today. Some guy thought it was a good idea to shred perfectly good incandescent lamps, fluorescent tubes, and starters.
Come on, this isn’t funny!

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What a waste of lamps! « Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 12:59:05 AM » Author: tolivac
Did like it when they shredded the corncob LED bulb!
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What a waste of lamps! « Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 08:11:19 AM » Author: Rommie
I never did like horror films  :'(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What a waste of lamps! « Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 09:24:16 AM » Author: HPS_250
This is a horror film except for when the LED cob was shredded...  ;)

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What a waste of lamps! « Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 09:34:54 AM » Author: Rommie
This is a horror film except for when the LED cob was shredded...  ;)
If I want to see LED's getting it, I just watch this one from Photon  ;D

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What a waste of lamps! « Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 09:54:11 AM » Author: HPS_250
It went open circuit from all those volts! The best part is when he steps on it though.  ;D

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What a waste of lamps! « Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 09:59:24 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I enjoyed watching him  "RELEASE THE MAGIC SMOKE " from the capacitor at the end , reminded me of some of the crazy things a friend and I did back in high school . We used to get old TV's from the dump , take them apart and hook mains voltage to the circuit board via a cord with 2 alligator clips placed at random places and plug in the cord and watch the show !!  :D  ZAAAAAAAAAP ! :o
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 11:15:31 PM by wide-lite 1000 » Logged

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What a waste of lamps! « Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 10:55:20 PM » Author: HPS_250
I enjoyed watching him  "RELEASE THE MAGIC SMOKE " from the capacitor at the end , reminded me of some of the crazy things a friend and I did back in high school . We used to get old TV's from the dump , take them apart and hook mains voltage to the circuit board via a cord with 2 alligator clips place at random places and plug in the cord and watch the show !!  :D  ZAAAAAAAAAP ! :o

That must have been fun! I admit the magic capacitor smoke was entertaining!  :)

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What a waste of lamps! « Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 11:14:31 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
It's amazing how much smoke fits in such a small capacitor , I know as I've personally seen it !!!  One capacitor about 3/4" long X 1/2" wide can fill a 10' x 12' room with so much smoke you can't see from one end to the other !  :o :o . I wonder how they fit all that smoke in such a small space ? ;D

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What a waste of lamps! « Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 11:28:40 PM » Author: HPS_250
It's amazing how much smoke fits in such a small capacitor , I know as I've personally seen it !!!  One capacitor about 3/4" long X 1/2" wide can fill a 10' x 12' room with so much smoke you can't see from one end to the other !  :o :o . I wonder how they fit all that smoke in such a small space ? ;D

I wonder too...  ;D ;D If that much smoke fit into one capacitor, then it would be an automatic electric smoke bomb! Now they have two purposes...  ;D ;D :o  :o

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What a waste of lamps! « Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 07:54:44 AM » Author: Rommie
I would love to know how smoke is injected into components, it must be a very skilled job  ;D

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies