Author Topic: LED Replacement Lamp for Saturn Lights  (Read 1170 times)
nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
LED Replacement Lamp for Saturn Lights « on: February 04, 2020, 09:36:58 AM » Author: nogden
A local organization I'm volunteering for just moved into a municipal facility that is lighted with incandescent "saturn lights". They are just using regular PS35 incandescents right now, not silver bowl. However, the City said that if we want to keep the lights (which we do), we have to find LED lamps for them. Otherwise, they insist the lights have to be replaced.

Normally, I'd never use LED replacement lamps because I love incandescent, but in this case, its LED lamps or we lose the fixtures. Keeping them incandescent isn't an option. Having said that, does anyone have any experience with good mogul base 120-volt PS35 3000K LED lamps? Most of them I've found online are too cylindrical for our use and would be ugly to look at. Since the bulbs are unshielded (except for the rings), they need to be aesthetically pleasing and bright enough to replace a 500-watt lamp.
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LED Replacement Lamp for Saturn Lights « Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 09:53:58 PM » Author: sol
For the base, you could use a mogul-to-medium adaptor.

For the bowl, if you could find some inexpensive metal bowl that is about the diameter of an original lamp, you could use homemade wire clips to hang it in the centre of the inner ring. Then you need not care about the shape of the LED lamp since it is out of view. I imagine a stainless steel miniature mixing bowl would work nicely.
nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: LED Replacement Lamp for Saturn Lights « Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 08:15:30 AM » Author: nogden
Thanks, that sounds like a good idea!
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: LED Replacement Lamp for Saturn Lights « Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 10:42:05 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Why does the city have any say on what lights you use?

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: LED Replacement Lamp for Saturn Lights « Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 10:43:31 AM » Author: nogden
They own the building.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies