Author Topic: Where can I get good terminal blocks?  (Read 5704 times)
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Where can I get good terminal blocks? « Reply #30 on: February 07, 2020, 12:54:01 AM » Author: Medved
I think each terminal/conndctor type has its weaknesses and its strong points and each type needs its working procedure.
The big problem I see is when electricians get new type they are not experienced with. Then it becomes very frequent occurence the new connector being installed incorrectly (that includes inapropriate currents, wire gauges, styles and material, missing or inappropriate auxiliary material like wire sleeves,...) and then failing soon.
I've listed the weaknesses of the "chocolate" type not because it would be worse than others, but because it is tradditional here, so these weaknesses and ways to tackle them is well known here.
But they may become a pitfall for someone thinking it is perfect and way superior than what they are used to use...
The problem is, when introducing some system to the new territory, the makers tend to stress the benefits (and so shame the tradditional concept used, so well known there), but just are quiet about the weak points and pitfalls. Obviously the only result is, such newly introduced type becomes disaster.
Plus there is following service problem: If you use some oddball for your territory and even may use it correctly, someone else doing later some work there (could be an installation upgrade, so not any your fault) the used technology may be completely alien to him, so he may made some error just because being forced to use something he is not familiar with.

So Im pretty against using some "better" system coming from arround the globe "because it is so better". Better stick with what is common in the area ane people are familiar with it well...

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies