Author Topic: I've created new smileys for us to play with!  (Read 1657 times)
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226
Re: I've created new smileys for us to play with! « Reply #45 on: February 12, 2020, 02:30:51 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
i tried making a ballast but it didn't turn out so good. however I've made a color changing bulb.

~Owen

Color changing lamp Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps Cool Color changing lamp

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

^homebuilt fixture

GoL ATL
Re: I've created new smileys for us to play with! « Reply #46 on: February 12, 2020, 07:37:29 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I think I can do a ballast fairly easily. I'll give it a try.

For fun I did an EOL RS fluorescent (in reality I'm not sure we'd want it flickering away on here though...)

Colored Fluorescent's such as F40T12 Red or  Green or Blue are awesome...

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

^homebuilt fixture

GoL ATL
Re: I've created new smileys for us to play with! « Reply #47 on: February 12, 2020, 08:33:04 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: xmaslightguy
I think I can do a ballast fairly easily. I'll give it a try.
  Something like one of these? Maybe skip the wires?

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

^homebuilt fixture

GoL ATL
Re: I've created new smileys for us to play with! « Reply #48 on: February 13, 2020, 09:11:38 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Ok, i also have these three that did not look as good when downsized.

LOL LOL LOL
This one could be downsized with a little bit of playing and/or simplification .LOL.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 09:13:09 PM by xmaslightguy » Logged

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've created new smileys for us to play with! « Reply #49 on: February 14, 2020, 08:18:56 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I do like your flickering bulb. I probably will add it when I get the chance. Probably the ballast too. As for the 5 watt t12 I dunno...

~Owen

Color changing lamp Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps Cool Color changing lamp

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've created new smileys for us to play with! « Reply #50 on: February 14, 2020, 09:19:46 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
@xmaslightguy:

________
| :flickeringfl: |
| Fluorescent Ballast    |
| :flickeringfl: |
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 09:23:06 AM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

Re: I've created new smileys for us to play with! « Reply #51 on: February 14, 2020, 01:45:46 PM » Author: sox35
I personally hate animated GIF images, I just find them distracting  Undecided

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end  Smiley

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

Re: I've created new smileys for us to play with! « Reply #52 on: February 14, 2020, 06:30:42 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Just a thought...

How about a Gibbs Slap one.?  LOL

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen)

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber  -  US author, cartoonist, humourist, & satirist (1894 - 1961)

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

^homebuilt fixture

GoL ATL
Re: I've created new smileys for us to play with! « Reply #53 on: February 14, 2020, 08:08:06 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: HomeBrewLamps
I do like your flickering bulb. I probably will add it when I get the chance. Probably the ballast too. As for the 5 watt t12 I dunno...
That was really just done to show it was possible downsize it, not intended to be a new addition Smiley

LOL on the little 'EOL fixture' diagram you made Smiley

I'd thought about doing an EOL preheat too (which would be very easy since the RS one could be used as a template), but the one (if you use it) is probably enough.

---
@sox35:
I'm fine with animated .GIF's ...as long as they're not over-used. An occasional little pic is fine, but a whole page of blinky-flashy stuff is un-readable do to the annoyingness .lol. 

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

^homebuilt fixture

GoL ATL
Re: I've created new smileys for us to play with! « Reply #54 on: February 14, 2020, 08:12:35 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Oh and this is one that for some reason is 'missing' from the original smilies group .LOL.
Seems every other site out there has one...

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

105555521242365640724 UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg zfarmadillo
Re: I've created new smileys for us to play with! « Reply #55 on: February 14, 2020, 11:31:38 PM » Author: Lumex120
Oh and this is one that for some reason is 'missing' from the original smilies group .LOL.
Seems every other site out there has one...
I'd imagine that will be popping up a lot in the comments section of LED streetlights.  Grin

Any machine is a smoke machine if you operate it wrong enough.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've created new smileys for us to play with! « Reply #56 on: February 14, 2020, 11:37:50 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Could you make a fluorescent tube that is slowly stirating? I'd like to replace the flickering tube with something a bit less flashy.

~Owen

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

^homebuilt fixture

GoL ATL
Re: I've created new smileys for us to play with! « Reply #57 on: February 15, 2020, 10:35:52 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: HomeBrewLamps
Could you make a fluorescent tube that is slowly stirating? I'd like to replace the flickering tube with something a bit less flashy.
Ooohh....like the F34's do when its cool/cold.
That'd be a good one. I think so, I'll give it a try Smiley

sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

Re: I've created new smileys for us to play with! « Reply #58 on: February 15, 2020, 11:28:01 AM » Author: sox35
Seems like I'm the only one who doesn't like animated images, oh well. I just find them too distracting, that's all  Sad bulb icon

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end  Smiley

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

^homebuilt fixture

GoL ATL
Re: I've created new smileys for us to play with! « Reply #59 on: February 15, 2020, 02:12:27 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Lumex120
I'd imagine that will be popping up a lot in the comments section of LED streetlights.  Grin
If they add it,  hopefully it won't be over-used...

Quote from: sox35
Seems like I'm the only one who doesn't like animated images, oh well. I just find them too distracting, that's all  Sad bulb icon
The striating one should be pretty mellow..

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines