Author Topic: Whiskey Connoisseurs or Distillers?  (Read 1089 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Whiskey Connoisseurs or Distillers? « on: February 11, 2020, 10:13:59 PM » Author: CEB1993
I really enjoy drinking many kinds of whiskeys and appreciating all of the subtle differences in taste. My favorite types are bourbon whiskey, Irish whiskey, and Japanese whiskey. I also drink scotch on occasion. Japanese whiskey is smooth and subtle, but it's hard to find in the USA. Hibiki and Sensei are both excellent choices. Scotch can be harsh tasting, though I've found that Singletons and Glenlivet are smooth and approachable. Last year, I distilled my own whiskey from North Carolina moonshine. Turned out pretty well for my first batch. Anyone else appreciate the flavors and distilling process of whiskey?

My favorites in no particular order:

Makers Mark Cask Strength (Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey) A very powerful and exciting drink that's basically an HD version of Makers Mark. Bold notes of oak and vanilla make this a wonderful example of a wheated bourbon. An all time favorite.

Woodford Reserve (Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey) A well balanced, delicious bourbon that proves that fine whiskey doesn't have to cost a fortune. Distilled in Versailles, KY (home of Sylvania's fluorescent factory) this whiskey has a conspicuous rye spice that compliments the sweetness from the corn and wheat. Notes of sweet caramel and brown sugar and a fairly smooth finish. Delightful aroma!

Rebel Yell (Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey) The flavor of Makers Mark at about half the price. A good example of wheated bourbon with a gentle vanilla-like flavor. Strong notes of oak and spices shine through. Pretty good to sip with ice or mix in cocktails.

Jefferson's Pritchard Hill (Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey) One of the most amazing whiskies I've ever tasted! This one is finished in French oak Chappellet wine casks. The subtle flavor of the bold red wine is the backbone of this gentle and silky smooth whiskey. Light flavors of brown sugar and even a hint of chamomile are present, and the finish is completely burn free.

Bulleit (Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey) An excellent daily drinker. This exciting pour has hints of spicy rye, caramel, and oak. Has a long finish with a slight burn in the chest "Kentucky Hug." Makes a nice old fashioned or manhattan cocktail.

Jameson's (Irish Whiskey) Sweet and oaky, this whiskey has bold notes of sweet vanilla and is insanely sippable by itself or over ice. One of the most famous Irish whiskies for a good reason.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies