Author Topic: Favorite Vacation Places  (Read 2760 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Favorite Vacation Places « on: July 07, 2019, 08:36:37 PM » Author: CEB1993
What are your favorite places to vacation at?  Is there any place you have not visited that you wish to visit someday?

For me, my favorite vacation destinations:

Charleston, South Carolina
Isle of Palms, South Carolina
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Montreal, Canada
Key West, Florida

Places I would like to visit someday:

Cancun, Mexico
Chile
Patagonia region of Argentina
Hawaii
Japan
Bells Beach, Australia
Zywiec and Pabianice, Poland (Philips lighting and Zywiec beer brewery respectively)
Budapest, Hungary (GE lighting and those amazing thermal baths)
Venice, Italy
Salzburg, Austria
St. Andrews, Scotland (Some of my ancestors are from here)
Dublin, Ireland
Black Forest of Germany (More of my ancestry)
Molsheim, France (Osram/Sylvania lighting and more ancestry)
Barcelona, Spain
Kentucky (Road trip to see the bourbon distilleries)
Lafayette, Indiana (Subaru factory)
St. Louis, Missouri (Family history here)
San Antonio, Texas
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Ketchikan, Alaska

There's a big world out there to see  :)

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Favorite Vacation Places « Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 09:19:23 PM » Author: Binarix128
What part of Chile you want to visit?

I reccomend to you Valparaíso hills, especially Cerro Alegre and Cerro Artillería. And for take a bath in the beatch I reccomend El Canelo beach; Algarrobo, and I recorded a little video of his laterns: https://youtu.be/CDB3gqI481o

My favorite vacation places are:
Valparaíso, El Canelo and Pucón.

In Valparaíso they have more lighting stuff than my city  ;D .
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 12:05:32 PM by Binarix128 » Logged
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: Favorite Vacation Places « Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 09:25:27 PM » Author: Binarix128
I want to go to the US, especially for went to the ReStores  :D .
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite Vacation Places « Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 12:34:10 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I want to go to the US, especially for went to the ReStores :D.
Califonia and Ohio are the ones I recommend you check first ;).
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: Favorite Vacation Places « Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 12:35:20 AM » Author: Binarix128
Thanks!  :)
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite Vacation Places « Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 02:40:53 AM » Author: takemorepills
Currently in China right now, and I can definitely say anywhere in China during the summer is not a favorite of mine.
In fact, I don't think I'd want to visit any place during the peak summer season because of the heat and the fact that many families are also vacationing during summer time.

I have spent nearly 20 years traveling for work, and these days I am happy to just vacation locally. I prefer either being in the forested mountains or desert Southwest of the USA, it's where my heart is, and to get away from the crowds and be around like minded people.
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Favorite Vacation Places « Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 07:17:13 PM » Author: CEB1993
What part of Chile you want to visit?

I reccomend to you Valparaíso hills, especially Cerro Alegre and Cerro Artillería. And for take a bath in the beatch I reccomend El Canelo beach; Algarrobo, and I recorded a little video of his laterns: https://youtu.be/CDB3gqI481o

My favorite vacation places are:
Valparaíso, El Canelo and Pucón.

In Valparaíso they have more lighting stuff than my city  ;D .

I would enjoy visiting Santiago and Easter Island.  I've heard the beaches in Chile are some of the most beautiful in the world, with a great surfing scene.  I know how to surf, though haven't been in a long time.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: Favorite Vacation Places « Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 02:33:17 PM » Author: Binarix128
I would enjoy visiting Santiago and Easter Island.  I've heard the beaches in Chile are some of the most beautiful in the world, with a great surfing scene.  I know how to surf, though haven't been in a long time.
I think you'll have fun visiting Santiago, since there are a LOT of latterns, in a street you can find a type of lattern and in the street perpendicular other types of latterns.

For example: In the municipality of San Miguel, you can find different models of GE, Schreder, AEL and more in the streets.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Favorite Vacation Places « Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 07:57:21 PM » Author: Cole D.
I like to go on the beaches for a vacation. And, I like lighthouses, so I'd enjoy going up the east coast and seeing them. Especially the Outer Banks of NC and probably at Maryland and VA and maybe New England. Also, I'd like to see the west coast beaches in CA. And also see Washington State and Oregon, especially the redwood forests. And probably see parts of the desert areas in the southwest.

As for other countries, I'd like to visit some UK cities as well as the countryside. I've seen photos of it on here and it looks quaint and peaceful. I'd also like to see Australia and parts of Africa too.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite Vacation Places « Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 06:01:43 AM » Author: mefurd98
I'm not much of a traveler, but my favorite place to go is around the Tampa Bay area of Florida. I have family down there and I just stay with them when I go ;D .
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Favorite Vacation Places « Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 02:16:28 PM » Author: CEB1993
When I go on vacation, I mostly enjoy going someplace where I can relax and enjoy myself.  I will always loving going to the beaches in South Carolina because they're familiar, I have a lot of good memories, and I know all the best places to eat and shop  ;D  I enjoy going to the mountains and to big cities, but I like the beach the best.  There is a relaxing and refreshing vibe at the coast that you can't get anywhere else.

Stop the lamp bans!

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: Favorite Vacation Places « Reply #11 on: July 11, 2019, 11:47:16 PM » Author: Binarix128
When I go on vacation, I mostly enjoy going someplace where I can relax and enjoy myself.  I will always loving going to the beaches in South Carolina because they're familiar, I have a lot of good memories, and I know all the best places to eat and shop  ;D  I enjoy going to the mountains and to big cities, but I like the beach the best.  There is a relaxing and refreshing vibe at the coast that you can't get anywhere else.
Me too!  :D
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Favorite Vacation Places « Reply #12 on: January 06, 2020, 03:18:34 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Both of us like to take our holidays on the canals of England. We can't think of a more peaceful way to spend a couple of weeks, moving through the countryside at 4 miles an hour or less.  ;D ;D ;D

Having a holiday afloat
Cruising on a narrowboat
As you go from place to place
Moving at a walking pace
Remember the lock gates to shut
As you travel down the ‘cut’
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 06:22:42 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: Favorite Vacation Places « Reply #13 on: February 16, 2020, 06:41:45 AM » Author: LightsDelight
My place(s) Are:
Sydney (I would advice against going only there when you visit Australia as it isn't the only city we have and there is plenty more to see)
Palm Cove in FNQ (Far North Queensland)
Abergavenny, Wales (My dad comes from there)
Hamburg, Gemany (My mum is from there)
Japan

Places I'd like to visit:
USA
Canada
Few other places in europe
New Zealand

Keep discharge lighting alive

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Favorite Vacation Places « Reply #14 on: February 16, 2020, 11:15:35 PM » Author: CEB1993
My place(s) Are:
Sydney (I would advice against going only there when you visit Australia as it isn't the only city we have and there is plenty more to see)
Palm Cove in FNQ (Far North Queensland)
Abergavenny, Wales (My dad comes from there)
Hamburg, Gemany (My mum is from there)
Japan

Places I'd like to visit:
USA
Canada
Few other places in europe
New Zealand

The USA is a huge and geographically diverse country with something for everyone. Big cities and rolling countrysides. We have the “Wild West” that’s similar to your Australian “Outback.” Cities like New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles are all amazing, but only a relatively small part of what the USA has to offer.

I live in the southeast in South Carolina and we have mountains and beaches in the same state. Our beaches are some of the nicest on the entire American east coast  8) Great place to visit if you enjoy the outdoor adventures like hiking, biking, surfing, kayaking, camping etc. as our weather is pleasant most of the year. We do get occasional extreme heat and cold, but it doesn’t last long. Hope you get to visit the USA someday! I’d enjoy seeing Australia someday myself.

I’d like to see Sydney, Melbourne, Bells Beach, and Alice Springs. I always like learning about the history of each place I visit, and I’m sure Australia has an exciting and unique past.

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies