Author Topic: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely!  (Read 10907 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #15 on: February 19, 2020, 05:26:25 PM » Author: HPS_250
Because California is a "greenie". So they ban incandscents and halogens so that everyone would buy LED lamps.  ::) So stupid.....

Possibly they would ban HID lamps too.  >:( ::) California is so dumb, and I hope that the US goverment doesn't do that like California is doing!  >:( Because WE CHOOSE WHAT WE WANT! NOT JUST LED!!!

They want to trick everyone into cheap LEDs! They totally have a dumb government that is going “green”.  ::)

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #16 on: February 19, 2020, 05:27:24 PM » Author: HPS_250
Try to ask them to give you these incandescent bulbs.

I did. The cashier guy said “I can’t” and told me to stay there while he threw them away.  :'( :o ::)

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #17 on: February 19, 2020, 06:30:14 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
They want to trick everyone into cheap LEDs! They totally have a dumb government that is going “green”.  ::)

I agree with you 100%! Just to make people go to LED when they fail completely and the WORST OF ALL its NOT serviceable! So its more waste and junk to be produced! UGH!  >:(  ::)

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #18 on: February 19, 2020, 07:43:26 PM » Author: Patrick
Has anyone simply asked to be allowed to have the lamps for free?  While it's true they are no longer allowed to be sold, the law does not prohibit them from being donated.  In addition, national retailers could ship them back and redistribute them to other locations.  Finally, had these stores been managing their inventory properly, they would have sold out of most if not all prohibited lamps long before the law went into effect.  There's no excuse for disposing of them given the variety of options that were available to them.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #19 on: February 19, 2020, 09:40:03 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
THIS IS INSANE CALIFORNIA BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #20 on: February 19, 2020, 09:42:44 PM » Author: HPS_250
THIS IS INSANE CALIFORNIA BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

It completely is! And a total waste.

@Patrick I said that I’d clear out the supply of halogen lamps that they had or even just take one. They said it was illegal for me to do that and dumped them in the trash.  :o ::) :bulbman: :'(

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #21 on: February 20, 2020, 12:44:10 AM » Author: Silverliner
I did get a pair of GE F40K&Bs for free at Walmart because GE screwed up. You know the paper cartons at the ends of the pairs they come with? One has the UPC code the other doesn't. But this one has no UPC code on either end. So, they let me have it for free. Plus bought up a case of 10 Great Value F40 cool whites for $3.

Actually some smaller stores still have banned incandescent and halogen bulbs on clearance. The local hardware store has some.

Has anyone simply asked to be allowed to have the lamps for free?  While it's true they are no longer allowed to be sold, the law does not prohibit them from being donated.  In addition, national retailers could ship them back and redistribute them to other locations.  Finally, had these stores been managing their inventory properly, they would have sold out of most if not all prohibited lamps long before the law went into effect.  There's no excuse for disposing of them given the variety of options that were available to them.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #22 on: February 20, 2020, 01:50:34 AM » Author: AngryHorse
It completely is! And a total waste.

@Patrick I said that I’d clear out the supply of halogen lamps that they had or even just take one. They said it was illegal for me to do that and dumped them in the trash.  :o ::) :bulbman: :'(
That’s really sad when you see a US state behaving like North Korea!  >:(

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #23 on: February 20, 2020, 09:26:30 AM » Author: Rommie
Crazy, simply crazy  :-\ ::) :inc: :sadbulb:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #24 on: February 20, 2020, 06:10:55 PM » Author: HPS_250
That’s really sad when you see a US state behaving like North Korea!  >:(
It really is sad.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #25 on: February 20, 2020, 06:12:19 PM » Author: HPS_250
More for sale online and in store:

Lowes:

Item # 930117 Model # 32305
GE Classic 100-Watt Dimmable 3-Way Bulb A21 Light Fixture Incandescent Light Bulb (2-Pack)

Item # 946380 Model # 42926
GE Classic 60-Watt Dimmable A15 Light Fixture Incandescent Light Bulb (2-Pack)

Item # 930124 Model # 32558
GE Classic 60-Watt Dimmable A19 Bug Incandescent Light Bulb (2-Pack)

GE 200-Watt Dimmable A21 Light Fixture Incandescent Light Bulb
Item: #930122
Model: #32458

Thank you! I think you can still buy incandescent lamps online for now. If it says that the lamps are available in store, it means that they are there but can’t be sold. It’s weird. Like on biglots.com, it says that halogen lamps are available in store, but if you go to the store they won’t sell them to you.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #26 on: February 20, 2020, 06:45:55 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I called and they ARE available at my local store.
This applies to California. If I recall, you don't live here so you can still get most incandescent lamps that people in California can't in a normal store.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #27 on: February 21, 2020, 12:41:52 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Colorado apparently has done a similar ban. So it applies here too.
Don't remember seeing any incandescents in Walmart or HomeDepot last time I was there, but the ReStore had lots of used ones. If I come across any new (especially if cheap/on clearance) I'll be buying them.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #28 on: February 24, 2020, 03:51:30 AM » Author: Silverliner
I found that not everything is being thrown out. Many of the banned light bulbs in California ended up being donated to ReStores. A few ReStores got bulbs from Lowes. One got bulbs from Do-It Best. I've gotten some great deals this way.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #29 on: February 24, 2020, 09:40:20 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: GE101R
Plenty of them here and cheap too. Lots of GE...
Grab yourself a stash while you still can!

-----------
I stopped in a ReStore last weekend, & they had some clear 60w incandescents (new in box) if those had been 40w, I woulda bought all 3 or 4 packs they had...

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies