Author Topic: What you think about Philips and Osram LED bulbs ?  (Read 1714 times)
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

What you think about Philips and Osram LED bulbs ? « on: February 20, 2020, 03:49:18 PM » Author: Jovan
Hello to everyone.I got idea to buy Osram or Philips LED bulbs.How long these bulbs last in practice and do they tend to die on every 6 months or not ?In short Are these bulbs worth using ?
Alex

View Posts
View Gallery

feel free to ask questions

Re: What you think about Philips and Osram LED bulbs ? « Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 07:28:47 AM » Author: Alex
Hello,
Were do you plan to use them/ What the are you looking for? I guess it will be for home application/ normal application for exchanging normal tungsten lamps, then I would recommend Philips. I have made good experience with those, especially with the LED Filaments compared to LEDVANCE. On The other side, special lamps for example HID Retrfits or GX53 I would prefer LEDVANCE as the are better designed and last longer then the philip.

Kind Regards,
Alex

Glück auf ⚒️

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What you think about Philips and Osram LED bulbs ? « Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 03:24:37 PM » Author: AngryHorse
That’s interesting, the LED filament lamps they have in the US, (with the filaments mounted on the rings at the top and bottom), that Philips put their name on don’t seem to be very reliable?, I’ve seen a few put on here that have failed!
We also have that type here, but I prefer sylvania’s, (without the rings), but I never had any problems with Philips,s SMT diode ones and have a few in use at home.
As for Osram, I only actually have one of these, and whilst it’s a good construction, I haven’t used it yet.

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What you think about Philips and Osram LED bulbs ? « Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 04:11:30 PM » Author: Jovan
Hello,
Were do you plan to use them/ What the are you looking for? I guess it will be for home application/ normal application for exchanging normal tungsten lamps, then I would recommend Philips. I have made good experience with those, especially with the LED Filaments compared to LEDVANCE. On The other side, special lamps for example HID Retrfits or GX53 I would prefer LEDVANCE as the are better designed and last longer then the philip.

Kind Regards,
Alex
Thanks for reply.I will use them in standard house environment.I've seen Osram(not LEDVANCE)LEDs on market.Philips bulbs are quite nice.I have one and works nice.I replaced tungsten lamps with CFLs and CFLs with LEDs.Problem is that current LED bulbs which I use are V TAC tend to die fast.V TAC bulbs with SAMSUNG diodes last quite long and give constant CRI and light output.
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What you think about Philips and Osram LED bulbs ? « Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 04:15:02 PM » Author: Jovan
That’s interesting, the LED filament lamps they have in the US, (with the filaments mounted on the rings at the top and bottom), that Philips put their name on don’t seem to be very reliable?, I’ve seen a few put on here that have failed!
We also have that type here, but I prefer sylvania’s, (without the rings), but I never had any problems with Philips,s SMT diode ones and have a few in use at home.
As for Osram, I only actually have one of these, and whilst it’s a good construction, I haven’t used it yet.
I will not use filament because incandescents work well on dimmer switch.I've never seen Sylvania LEDs on Serbian market,but GE and Tungsram LEDs are on sale.
Alex

View Posts
View Gallery

feel free to ask questions

Re: What you think about Philips and Osram LED bulbs ? « Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 01:24:17 AM » Author: Alex
Hello,
The Early Sylvania ones wich were still made in Belgium are also very good.I have spotlight in use from them. But they are also quite expensive.

Kind regards
Alex

Glück auf ⚒️

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What you think about Philips and Osram LED bulbs ? « Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 04:47:21 PM » Author: Jovan
Hello,
The Early Sylvania ones wich were still made in Belgium are also very good.I have spotlight in use from them. But they are also quite expensive.

Kind regards
Alex
Wow it must work well as it was expensive and made in Belgium.Thanks for reply
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies