Author Topic: What Do Your Local Utilities Install?  (Read 20852 times)
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #45 on: November 09, 2019, 06:30:13 AM » Author: High Intensity
Here it is where i live.

Silicon Vally Power (Santa Clara), Leotek GC1, GCM2 & Cree LEDway High Output (used to be a mix of Cooper OVX, AEL 115, AEL 125, GE M400A3, and many more about 10 years ago).

San Jose, Lately its been mostly Leotek EC1 and GC1 fixtures, but they have also been installing a bunch of Cree XSP and LEDway fixtures, Philips RoadFocus LEDs (RFL & RFM).

Cupertino, they have not been installing a lot of LEDs, but the ones they have installed have been Philips RoadFocus LEDs (RFM & RFS) in residential areas, and Cree RSW fixtures as spot replacements. A few years ago, they were using US Lighting Tech Jersy Series and AEL 125 Induction cobraheads as spot replacements, they also retrofitted just about all of their HID streetlights to induction a few years ago.

Caltrans, mostly Leotek EC1 and another brand i can't remember the name of, in some areas, they have been installing Cree LEDway & LEDway High Output. They have also installed a few AEL 125 recently. For temporary lights, they tend to use AEL 125, GE M400A2, and M400A3.

PG&E, Pretty much anything Cree (RSW, XSP, & LEDway).
M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #46 on: November 09, 2019, 11:46:14 AM » Author: M250R201SA
Leotek GCJ - 100w HPS and 175w Mercury replacements
Type IIIR (10 label) & Type V (10 Type V label)
3000K (although a very select few 4000K ended up in the mix)

Leotek GCM - 175/250w Mercury replacements and 250w HPS replacement
Type IIIR (25 label)

Leotek GCL - 400w Mercury and HPS replacements
Type IIIR (40 label)

GE EFM1 - 250w/400w HPS/PSMH Flood replacement (PF154 replacement) (25 or 40 label)

GE EFH1 - 400w+ MV/HPS/PSMH Flood replacement (PF400 replacement) (40 label)

« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 05:24:05 PM by M250R201SA » Logged

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #47 on: November 13, 2019, 01:38:46 PM » Author: Michael
We install in our city:

Second half of current decade

- Philips Luma Mini 2000lm 3000K
- Philips Luma Mini 3500lm 3000K
- Philips Luma1 5000 - 8500lm 3000K
- Philips Digistreet catenary 8400 - 11000lm 3000K
- Zumtobel - HESS Residenza - M LED 3000lm 3000K
- H.R. Huber Huberleuchte 2150 LED 21W E27
Edit:

Due to phasing - out of the Luma range we may change to the new Luma Gen. 2 or to the Digistreet pole mounting street lights.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 01:46:11 PM by monkeyface » Logged
LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #48 on: November 20, 2019, 10:21:59 PM » Author: LightsDelight
Where I am we install LEDs but on some rare occasion there has been a Sylvania suburban installed over a highway, it was replacing a Sylvania B2224

Keep discharge lighting alive

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #49 on: November 22, 2019, 04:16:15 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Are you guys still using 50 watt mercs in Melbourne mate?, or have these fallen to LED now?

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #50 on: January 11, 2020, 12:21:48 PM » Author: HPS_250
My local utility installs Cooper OVZ FCO and GE M-400. They don’t install M-250R2s anymore.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Miles

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #51 on: January 11, 2020, 08:51:25 PM » Author: Miles
I really wish the South Bay Area could install GE Evolves, I've seen them in SoCal, they're one of the few fixtures that use better optics and reflectors to direct the light. 3000K, well-spaced on a major boulevard there wasn't a dark spot in-between or hot-spots. Superb light distribution, contrast and colors. Really nice to drive at night. San Francisco has them in some neighborhoods as well.

However here we get the typical Leotek LED matrix / array that lights the road I guess because the head is pointing down? Especially at intersections and freeway ramps. CalTrans has no taste.
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #52 on: January 12, 2020, 11:43:54 PM » Author: Silverliner
SCE: GE M250R2s, GE M400R3s, Cooper OVZs, OVHs, OVFs, and OVXs for HPS and PSMH (current installations). GE Evolve ERL1s and ERL2s, AEL Autobahn ATBS, ATBM, ATBLs, and possibly a few Cooper Archeons, for LED. Also Spaulding Palomars for LPS.

In the past they installed a large variety of fixtures like GE, Crouse Hinds, AEL, Westinghouse etc.

LABSL: Cree XSP2s, Beta Ledways various sizes, Leotek GC series various sizes, a few AEL Autobahn ATB0s and ATB2s, and a few Philips Hadcos.

LADWP: Mostly AEL ATB0s, and some Cree and Leotek varieties.

SDG&E: AEL 115s and 125s for HPS, Cree XSPs and GE Evolves for LED, Spaulding Palomars for LPS.

Caltrans: Leotek GCs, E cobras, Solarmaxs, GE Evolves, AELs, Cooper Verdeons and Navions. Solarmax being the preferred current installation by Caltrans electricians. GE and AEL fixtures mostly installed by contractors.

So Cal is so large I can’t list everything at once but the above makes a large percentage of lights in use.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #53 on: January 12, 2020, 11:53:57 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
SCE: GE M250R2s, GE M400R3s, Cooper OVZs, OVHs, OVFs, and OVXs for HPS and PSMH (current installations). GE Evolve ERL1s and ERL2s, AEL Autobahn ATBS, ATBM, ATBLs, and possibly a few Cooper Archeons, for LED. Also Spaulding Palomars for LPS.

In the past they installed a large variety of fixtures like GE, Crouse Hinds, AEL, Westinghouse etc.

LABSL: Cree XSP2s, Beta Ledways various sizes, Leotek GC series various sizes, a few AEL Autobahn ATB0s and ATB2s, and a few Philips Hadcos.

LADWP: Mostly AEL ATB0s, and some Cree and Leotek varieties.

SDG&E: AEL 115s and 125s for HPS, Cree XSPs and GE Evolves for LED, Spaulding Palomars for LPS.

Caltrans: Leotek GCs, E cobras, Solarmaxs, GE Evolves, AELs, Cooper Verdeons and Navions. Solarmax being the preferred current installation by Caltrans electricians. GE and AEL fixtures mostly installed by contractors.

So Cal is so large I can’t list everything at once but the above makes a large percentage of lights in use.
For SCE, don't forget the GE Evolve ERLH.
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #54 on: January 12, 2020, 11:56:47 PM » Author: Silverliner
Oh my brain fart moment lol! Essentially an ERL1 with taller heat sink fins.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #55 on: January 13, 2020, 04:43:30 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
NH companies; Eversource : Cooper OVZ and RMA for NEMA heads. Unitil: GE M250R2. NHEC: GE Evolve.

Maine Companies; Central Maine Power: AE 115 and GE M250R2. Emera: Cooper Verdeon

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #56 on: February 04, 2020, 07:14:03 PM » Author: HPS_250
Actually, recently they switched over to Cooper OVH and GE M-400R3s. The M-400s are not FCO and have drop refractors. SCE still uses the same octagonal Ameron concrete poles.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies