Author Topic: Do Philips still make the Cermalux and Alto HPS lamps?  (Read 2132 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Do Philips still make the Cermalux and Alto HPS lamps? « on: May 24, 2019, 09:23:12 PM » Author: Cole D.
Just wondering on this because I think they look neat.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do Philips still make the Cermalux and Alto HPS lamps? « Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 01:47:11 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I believe they still do but they don't have those cool green dimples anymore though.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Do Philips still make the Cermalux and Alto HPS lamps? « Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 12:34:42 PM » Author: Cole D.
That's too bad.  :(

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

BlueHalide

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do Philips still make the Cermalux and Alto HPS lamps? « Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 08:16:12 PM » Author: BlueHalide
Philips entire HPS line is "ALTO" at least here in the US. I havent seen a standard, non-alto ceramalux lamp for years. With HPS and other HID sources on the way out, lighting brands (the big three especially) are reducing much of their HID and fluorescent offerings to only the best sellers, or the cheapest possible to produce. There is no reason to continue producing three types of HPS lamp (Standard, ALTO, and Mercury-Free). It appears they kept ALTO as its either the cheapest to produce, or they need to meet some mercury content regulation
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do Philips still make the Cermalux and Alto HPS lamps? « Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 12:56:52 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Are the alto HPS lamps the ones that are non cycling ?

Administrator #5

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Do Philips still make the Cermalux and Alto HPS lamps? « Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 03:57:56 AM » Author: Silverliner
Philips does still make them, but they are all made in China now.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies