Author Topic: Carlisle & Finch Airport Beacon  (Read 2124 times)
boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Carlisle & Finch Airport Beacon « on: February 27, 2020, 09:01:39 AM » Author: boiler1011
Hey all;

I recently obtained a NOS Carlisle & Finch EAF (Expeditionary Airfield Beacon) from the internet and it should be arriving soon. These beacons were designed as a temporary fixture at make-shift airports during times of crisis or during military operations abroad. EAF systems were purpose-built for the US Military/NATO, so all appliances utilize similar power requirements and universal attachments. I am trying to figure out the operating voltage of this new light, but am having difficulty. I have tried reaching out to the manufacturer, but haven't had a response yet. (I emailed several days ago.) Would anyone here have any idea? Looks like the fixture takes PAR56 bulbs rated at 6.6A if that is any help. I don't think that all four lights operate at the same time under normal conditions, rather they are a redundancy. I'm not exactly sure.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Carlisle & Finch Airport Beacon « Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 09:18:12 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Ask member sailormoon_01_uk  . He has TONS of airport lighting equipment and would probably know .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Carlisle & Finch Airport Beacon « Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 02:22:44 PM » Author: boiler1011
Ask member sailormoon_01_uk  . He has TONS of airport lighting equipment and would probably know .

Thanks, shot him a message.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Carlisle & Finch Airport Beacon « Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 08:37:20 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
No problem .

boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Carlisle & Finch Airport Beacon « Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 02:36:57 PM » Author: boiler1011
After some trial and error, and disassembly, I was able to determine the power requirements for this light. I swapped out the lamps to 120V PAR56 and purchased a transformer to run the 24VAC rotation motor. I might explore LEDs in the future, but the retrofits are extremely cost prohibitive. I’m also considering painting this unit red or orange to match beacons at US civilian airports and helipads.

The unit is not very loud but it seems rather noisy in the video.

https://youtu.be/_5ZUkZxy7H0
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Carlisle & Finch Airport Beacon « Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 01:59:21 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
That's Cool !

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies