Author Topic: Detroit Sues Over Streetlights!  (Read 6819 times)
Mr. Orthosilicate

View Posts
View Gallery

Detroit Sues Over Streetlights! « on: February 27, 2020, 06:58:06 PM » Author: Mr. Orthosilicate
I was browsing youtube and I found this short news clip. I’ve seen some really yellowed LED street lights before, and the whole situation is kind of sad.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WFDr75hRMe8
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Detroit Sues Over Streetlights! « Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 09:28:28 PM » Author: dor123
At Ma'alot Tarshiha, Juganu LED lanterns burning out all the time, and the city ignore this, stating that the project is a huge success.
And yes: The lens of the LEDs of Leotek lanterns aren't UV resistant, so the blue light from the LEDs, as well as daylight and sunlight, yellowed them.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Detroit Sues Over Streetlights! « Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 01:16:30 AM » Author: tolivac
Go BACK to HPS or Mercury cobraheads------THEY WORK and last LONGER than the LED junk that was installed.Citys are just to quick to install lighting that won't work over the haul.LED tech needs to mature a little longer.
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Detroit Sues Over Streetlights! « Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 03:18:25 AM » Author: tolivac
Let the Greenies complain-residents in the area where the crappy lights were installed want LIT streets.If the older solutions work--GO BACK TO THEM until LED lights can become longer lived and more reliable.MANY "bans" need to be reversed-they are not a solution.Give folks lights and appliances that truly work!
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Detroit Sues Over Streetlights! « Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 12:45:50 AM » Author: tolivac
Showerhead-not lights--but a drill press solved the "trickle" problem nicely!Drilled out the restrictor hole!Again the bans need to go!!
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Detroit Sues Over Streetlights! « Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 02:20:58 AM » Author: joseph_125
Heh, the last showerhead I installed had the flow restrictor as a snap in insert. Guess what got removed before I installed it.
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Detroit Sues Over Streetlights! « Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 01:04:39 AM » Author: tolivac
New showerheads don't have the removable insert.You have to drill it out.
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Detroit Sues Over Streetlights! « Reply #7 on: March 03, 2020, 01:56:08 AM » Author: AngryHorse
From the looks of the video, Leotech has a simple solution here, it doesn’t look like the diodes are bad, just the ‘optical beads’, that distribute the light?, so, rather than getting themselves a bad name, (like ignoring their after sales obligations), why don’t they just replace the plastic beads, (that after all just sit inside that tray bolted to the bottom of the lantern), until they either make them out of glass, or a better heat resistant plastic?

But no, these idiots from Leotech would rather just wash their hands of the whole situation!, not good a business ethic??  ::)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Detroit Sues Over Streetlights! « Reply #8 on: March 03, 2020, 02:03:26 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Every shower head I own has a drilled out restrictor ! :lol:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Detroit Sues Over Streetlights! « Reply #9 on: March 04, 2020, 02:31:00 AM » Author: tolivac
The Leotech lights--BUILD it RIGHT or NOT AT ALL!!!!
Coolc1234

View Posts
View Gallery

Street_lights_usa
Re: Detroit Sues Over Streetlights! « Reply #10 on: August 22, 2020, 05:51:19 PM » Author: Coolc1234
eh its basically cause leotek cant manufacture a led product properly

Led street lights are the new aliens!

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Detroit Sues Over Streetlights! « Reply #11 on: August 28, 2020, 11:11:08 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Funny talk about shower heads, I think I saw a video where Trump was critical about low flow stuff because the US has more water than it knows what to do with in places or something like that. It was also where he said his dislike of LED for making him look orange.

Imagine replacing your shower with one of those garden hose heads that has like 12 different spray settings?  :poof: :lol:

Administrator #5

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Detroit Sues Over Streetlights! « Reply #12 on: August 29, 2020, 05:08:31 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
I just remove the restrict or plates in the shower heads so that I get high pressure again.

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies