Author Topic: Hypertough solar LED streetlight  (Read 3140 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Hypertough solar LED streetlight « on: November 26, 2019, 09:44:39 PM » Author: Cole D.
I have seen one of these put up in my neighborhood over at a driveway, of a house last Friday night. It was pretty cool, and it did light the ground a bit. It's the first time I've seen it, other than in boxes at Walmart.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Hypertough solar LED streetlight « Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 09:38:43 PM » Author: 589
I got a bunch of them on clearance and they’re not bad. They will burn all night during the summer and quite bright, just a bit brighter than my 50w clear merc.

:lps:

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Hypertough solar LED streetlight « Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 08:53:12 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Meh, not too crazy about solar. Usually, the solar panel over the years will start to have UV damage. Although, I have heard about this "Walmart" solar street light has 18650 3.7v lithium ion batteries, I would think that they last for two years, than the standard nickel metal-hydride cells... Don't know for sure.  ???

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Hypertough solar LED streetlight « Reply #3 on: December 24, 2019, 03:06:09 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Me neither, there’s just no substitute for mains electricity!, they’ve started fittings solar school crossing lights in my town, like the old ones in the form of two orange alternate flashing lights, but using orange LED.
They only run for an hour or so but you want to see the stupid size of the solar panel needed to perform this task!!!
They look so out of place and quite ugly perched on the top of the poles!, and I’m surprised the wind hasn’t ‘fell’ one yet!, of all the clean energy devices, the most pointless in the UK is solar, we just don’t get the sun to warrant them.

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hypertough solar LED streetlight « Reply #4 on: December 24, 2019, 11:19:53 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I'm considering buying one of these just to see whether or not they're any good .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Hypertough solar LED streetlight « Reply #5 on: December 24, 2019, 11:30:27 AM » Author: dor123
See here: https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-136023

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Hypertough solar LED streetlight « Reply #6 on: December 24, 2019, 02:07:54 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I'm considering buying one of these just to see whether or not they're any good .

I will too, to be honest... lol

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hypertough solar LED streetlight « Reply #7 on: December 24, 2019, 08:52:14 PM » Author: High Intensity
A parking lot near me installed 2 pairs of Howard Lighting SLS solar LED streetlights to replace 2 sets of HID streetlights (one set being 4x400w HPS and the other being 3x400w HPS and one 1000w MV) that were not getting power, and during the summer they would light for about 5 or 6 hours, now that it's winter they're not even lasting 2 hours before their batteries die.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Hypertough solar LED streetlight « Reply #8 on: December 25, 2019, 04:57:39 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I'm thinking about getting one of those Walmart solar streetlights too.
Mainly for when camping (private property, not worth bringing in power for the little bit the property gets used even though there are utilities right in the area) Would be nice to have a good light where we park. It'd be taken down & put away - so out of the weather in winter months.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Hypertough solar LED streetlight « Reply #9 on: February 22, 2020, 09:39:21 PM » Author: Cole D.
I had seen at the one near me it still lights the ground pretty bright, and I saw another house nearby that one also has one on its driveway too. So I guess they liked it enough to get their own.  :lol:

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies