Author Topic: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area?  (Read 5495 times)
form109
What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area? « on: January 21, 2009, 11:22:53 PM » Author: form109
what is the oldest Streetlight in service in your city,and please only streetlights,they cant be in parking lots.

The Oldest Streetlight In Tyler is a: Line Materials Unistyle 400.
lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area? « Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 12:50:20 AM » Author: lite_lover
The oldest streetlights still in service close to me are almost 30 years old now (the first HPS, that is why they are still there) around the Langley/Abbotsford area are McGraw Edison Unidor 400's

The oldest lights in the area, but in another community 50 miles away have Sylvania Powerlite B2217 fixtures which are over 40 years old converted to HPS.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 02:48:55 PM by lite_lover » Logged

The brighter the better.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area? « Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 02:38:30 AM » Author: Silverliner
The oldest where I live are GE M-250A PowrDoors, some dating as early as '66, and they were converted to HPS in the 80s.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area? « Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 05:37:15 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
The oldest streetlight in Scaggsville (very small town) specifically....not exactly sure, but Oldest in LAUREL as my postal town, as far as I know...the OV-14Bs! They are only LESS than 3 miles away from me....also the I-95 highmasts are one of the oldest highmasts I know of installed in the early 1970s (the first ones ever were from the very late 60s) are only 1 and half mile from my house!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

chapman84
Re: What Is The Oldest Streetlighting Fixture In Service In Your Area? « Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 11:48:16 PM » Author: chapman84
ok,guys i have changed the rules little bit,the lights dont have to be strictly lighting roadways,they can be in Parking Lots,or even Private Property.
chapman84
Re: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area? « Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 05:48:05 PM » Author: chapman84
The oldest lights in my neighborhood were American Electric 13 Series and Flat bottom Westinghouse OV-25s which were all replaced with HPS fixtures last month.
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area? « Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 11:01:08 AM » Author: Foxtronix
The oldest streetlights in service in my area are a group of at least 20 flatbottom OV-25s in the parking lot of an hospital. I hope I'll get them one day!

form109
Re: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area? « Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 04:54:14 PM » Author: form109
hey vince,if you can snap a few pics,they are liable to disappear any day!
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area? « Reply #8 on: January 16, 2021, 01:46:37 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Definitely the 2 Wheeler Boston Crescent moons in my town!

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area? « Reply #9 on: January 16, 2021, 06:50:27 PM » Author: Cole D.
There are a couple of Westinghouse OV-25s still going, and two American Electric 15-000s. Probably all mid 60s era. There are also some GE M400 from the 60s but two are out of service PALs and the other got replaced with LED this year.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area? « Reply #10 on: January 16, 2021, 07:04:51 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
Some from the mid 1960s including GE M250/M400, Joslyn MV121 and Line Materials Unistyles. Even 1 crescent moon incandescent is left as of summer 2019!

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area? « Reply #11 on: January 16, 2021, 08:15:38 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Some from the mid 1960s including GE M250/M400, Joslyn MV121 and Line Materials Unistyles. Even 1 crescent moon incandescent is left as of summer 2019!
Could you get a photo of the incandescent?

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area? « Reply #12 on: January 16, 2021, 11:43:22 PM » Author: joseph_125
In my area, probably a 1960s Powerlite B2217 that got converted to HPS and then skipped when the LED conversions rolled through.

In Toronto, probably some of the radial waves still up in back alleys.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 04:46:56 PM by joseph_125 » Logged
Desultory13
Re: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area? « Reply #13 on: January 17, 2021, 12:25:11 AM » Author: Desultory13
The oldest lights that I know of are some finned Westinghouse OV-50s from 1967 in a shopping center parking lot. They still use 1000w coated MV lamps and are still in service.
There are also some GE M-1000s without fins from 1967 in the same parking lot. They are also still in service with coated 1000w MV lamps.

At another shopping center there are some Line Material Unistyle 400s with 2 doors from the early-mid 60s. They are still in service with 400w MV lamps.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area? « Reply #14 on: January 17, 2021, 12:40:00 AM » Author: Bulbman256
My area where i live is fairley recent at parts and my house was a field two years ago! :mrg: But there are a few intersting streetlighs if one looks hard enough, cant think of any of the top of my head but if you really search you can find some. My grandmas area however has a superb amount of good stuff, ahve another set of streetlight spotting pictures from my second trip there to compile been super busy tho. :P

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies