Author Topic: GE a Daintree Company?  (Read 3262 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
GE a Daintree Company? « on: January 01, 2020, 10:24:24 AM » Author: Cole D.
I noticed on GE's Currents website, it now says "a Daintree Company". I guess that mean GE have now sold the lighting business?

GE Lighting

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: GE a Daintree Company? « Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 10:54:38 AM » Author: dor123
Yes. This is the same situation as Osram and US Sylvania (Ledvance), and Philips (Signify).

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: GE a Daintree Company? « Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 03:33:22 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Another conglomerate cluster that will eventually go the wayside like the other companies that have been vandalized and finally drained of all the money by the "management".

Was Westinghouse one of those?

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: GE a Daintree Company? « Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 06:02:11 AM » Author: 589
It was a rebranding after AIP acquired GE’s lighting division.

https://www.ledsmagazine.com/smart-lighting-iot/article/14069300/ge-current-changes-name-restates-revenue

:lps:

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE a Daintree Company? « Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 03:50:25 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Thanks to that Unitil used to use the GE lights now they went to the Ugly Cooper OVHs... just great. ::)

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Mr. Orthosilicate

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE a Daintree Company? « Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 05:01:28 PM » Author: Mr. Orthosilicate
Look at this article. GE only sold the LED business; the North American consumer division is still owned by them, for now at least. Unfortunately, they’ve also been trying to get rid of the rest of their lighting business, but no company has been willing to buy it so far.

https://247wallst.com/industrials/2018/11/06/ge-sells-current-led-unit-without-selling-ge-lighting/
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE a Daintree Company? « Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 05:23:05 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Look at this article. GE only sold the LED business; the North American consumer division is still owned by them, for now at least. Unfortunately, they’ve also been trying to get rid of the rest of their lighting business, but no company has been willing to buy it so far.

https://247wallst.com/industrials/2018/11/06/ge-sells-current-led-unit-without-selling-ge-lighting/
I wonder what NHEC will do since they only use GE Leds.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

LightUpMyLife

View Posts
View Gallery

https://www.facebook.com/ https://twitter.com/TedTa
Re: GE a Daintree Company? « Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 06:23:40 PM » Author: LightUpMyLife
Yes. I work at a company that manufactures for GE's health care branch and that was another branch that was sold off. We still make the same parts for the same machines but they are now for another company that slaps the "GE" logo on them. We were told during the same of health care that only aviation, transport, and energy will still be "GE" by the time it's all said and done.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: GE a Daintree Company? « Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 06:57:15 PM » Author: Rommie
Rebranding, I just don't get it. Why fix what isn't broken..? Philips lighting becoming "Signify" is a case in point. Anton and Gerard Philips must be rolling in their graves  :sadbulb:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE a Daintree Company? « Reply #9 on: February 18, 2020, 11:56:04 PM » Author: takemorepills
The company I work for picked up some GE intellectual property a few years ago and now manufactures it themselves.
Toiyabeshawn

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE a Daintree Company? « Reply #10 on: April 05, 2020, 12:23:03 PM » Author: Toiyabeshawn
GE is going down in flames like Westinghouse did. I remember when cooper/ crouse hinds bought out the Westinghouse fixture division in the early 80’s some of Westinghouse designs were still built but  with cooper labels. I have a “cooper” Westinghouse ov-15 that came with a factory Advance ballast. There is not much these days that I want to collect, it’s all junk..
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies