Author Topic: Looking for preheat light fixtures please  (Read 2760 times)
dieselducy

View Posts
View Gallery

Looking for preheat light fixtures please « on: January 24, 2009, 11:33:53 PM » Author: dieselducy
i LOVE preheat fluorescent fixtures!! i have a few.  i have a f8t5  i have f15t8  and a circlite.  i am looking for any size, preferably some older fixtures and or ballasts that work.  if you can help.  please send me a message.  i LOVE preheat fixtures!!!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 02:30:55 AM by dieselducy » Logged

I LOVE preheat fluorescent!  Preheat forever!!

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: i WANT preheat lites!! « Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 12:06:47 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
You sound excited  :) ;), I understand completely that you are excited cuz you meet others just like you...but when asking for lights and stuff, I would take it down a notch a bit and ask more politely but its all good. There are a lot of nice members here in this page! Anyway, I often find smaller preheaters sold in thrift stores and Good Will stores for very cheap prices...hope that helps...I found a really nice old Westinghouse BLB in a thrift shop and bought it for only I believe 6 bucks see here

By the way I bet you'll ENJOY this cool awesome video of mine

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

Re: Looking for preheat light fixtures please « Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 06:18:00 PM » Author: lightman64
Ebay has some good pre-heat lamps, as well as adapters for PL-L, PL-S, and PL-C. i got 6 PL-L 13 adapters for 12 bucks. i think the dude is selling more. By the way, welcome to Lighting Gallery!

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

dieselducy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Looking for preheat light fixtures please « Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 08:00:38 PM » Author: dieselducy
Ebay has some good pre-heat lamps, as well as adapters for PL-L, PL-S, and PL-C. i got 6 PL-L 13 adapters for 12 bucks. i think the dude is selling more. By the way, welcome to Lighting Gallery!

where did you see the PL adapters?  I found quite a few bulbs but no ballasts  ;)   SPECIFICALLY THIS or THIS is the kind of light i am looking for.  I don't care what watt, 4 6 8, and it doesn't have to be a black but this is the style of preheat I am looking for ALTHOUGH ill still consider ANY preheat fixture ;D  Now that i found a photo of exactly what im looking for, please let me know if you have any you are willing to part with..  Thanks much,
Andrew
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 08:09:48 PM by dieselducy » Logged

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Looking for preheat light fixtures please « Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 08:39:53 PM » Author: FGS

where did you see the PL adapters?  I found quite a few bulbs but no ballasts  ;)   SPECIFICALLY THIS or THIS is the kind of light i am looking for.  I don't care what watt, 4 6 8, and it doesn't have to be a black but this is the style of preheat I am looking for ALTHOUGH ill still consider ANY preheat fixture ;D  Now that i found a photo of exactly what im looking for, please let me know if you have any you are willing to part with..  Thanks much,
Andrew

Type in "fluorescent adapter" and you will get a good portion of these preheat adapters. ;D

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

dieselducy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Looking for preheat light fixtures please « Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 01:59:19 AM » Author: dieselducy
I would gladly buy a couple of those from you if you would be willing to part with a couple.  he  said that that was his last lot :(  If you are willing to sell me a couple, please pm me or reply here.  thanks much,

andrew

Mercury Man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Looking for preheat light fixtures please « Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 07:12:19 PM » Author: Mercury Man
Andrew, I am planning a trip into NYC sometime within the next 2 weeks for a shopping day.  I am going to take a look and see if I can find any of those smaller F4T5, F6T5 or F8T5 fixtures with a preheat circuit in one of the lighting stores (cuz I want one or two for my own collection).  If I find any, I am going to pick some up and if you want one I can buy an extra one and send it to you, provided you simply reimburse me for the cost of the fixture and the shipping.  I can't promise anything, but I will try, for a fellow preheat lover like myself!   :)
dieselducy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Looking for preheat light fixtures please « Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 10:10:27 PM » Author: dieselducy
Andrew, I am planning a trip into NYC sometime within the next 2 weeks for a shopping day.  I am going to take a look and see if I can find any of those smaller F4T5, F6T5 or F8T5 fixtures with a preheat circuit in one of the lighting stores (cuz I want one or two for my own collection).  If I find any, I am going to pick some up and if you want one I can buy an extra one and send it to you, provided you simply reimburse me for the cost of the fixture and the shipping.  I can't promise anything, but I will try, for a fellow preheat lover like myself!   :)

i would love that!! if you can find them, plz get me a 4 definitely and if it they are not too expensife, get me a 6 as well.  i can pay you by paypal or check and i can pm you my phone number if you want as well.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies