Author Topic: LPS Bayonet socket  (Read 6709 times)
mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Another day and another dollar at work!

LPS Bayonet socket « on: January 25, 2009, 11:17:18 PM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
Looking for a LPS socket. I got a 18watt Advance Smartmate ballast I want to play around with and don't have a spare LPS socket to do so.

Same stuff, Different Day!

SeanB~1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS Bayonet socket « Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 02:57:57 PM » Author: SeanB~1
Jace will be getting some in 3 weeks or so, posted them today to him. ( amongst others) :)
rja1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS Bayonet socket « Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 12:44:44 AM » Author: rja1
Jace will be getting some in 3 weeks or so, posted them today to him. ( amongst others) :)

Please add me to the list, too. I need one for an 18 W sox lamp.

Thanks,
bob
SeanB~1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS Bayonet socket « Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 02:50:48 PM » Author: SeanB~1
I ordered a single 18W  from RS components, hopefully will be here in 7-10 days. I already have a housing for it, that I made many years ago. Currently in storage, with an incandescent 150W B22D lamp in it. It will be going SOX soon! I probably will use a 20W flourescent ballast and a ST111 starter on this fitting, but will try without the starter first as the SOX will probably strike directly.

PM the Seagull, he probably can spare one for you. His parcel weighed 2kg (4.4 lb) and unfortunately is going by ship, as airfreight is over 5 times the price, saving only 2 weeks on delivery time.
mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS Bayonet socket « Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 07:12:27 PM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
I can't ask seagull or j-frog right? I already owe him big time for a fixture that was ruined in transit. I saw some on ebay. About $11 per socket.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: LPS Bayonet socket « Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 12:45:21 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
I can't ask seagull or j-frog right? I already owe him big time for a fixture that was ruined in transit. I saw some on ebay. About $11 per socket.

I am the Seagull...as known as Jace....By the way Frog told me you are fine...he said he's happy you got something and you don't need to worry about it...

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS Bayonet socket « Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 01:22:15 AM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
Oh, Sorry man, I have been so busy latley because of the bad economy my wife was not working could not find work and I had 2 jobs for awhile to compensate I kinda lost track of LG. Thankfully I have now quit my second job and am doing pretty good as of now. Anyway, I am probably going to just buy a socket if I want one in the future, Can anyone tell me what is the maximum wattage I can stick in a t&b 113? 35w lps or 55? I have a 18watt on one side of my house, a 100watt merc in back and I want to add another LPS fixture to the right side of my house, We have had alot of vehicle breakins  in my area including mine and I need to up the lighting around my house. I say the LPS glow on both sides and DX glow out back is enough to keep them away.! LOL!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 01:23:56 AM by mercuryvaporisking » Logged

lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: LPS Bayonet socket « Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 04:23:05 PM » Author: lite_lover
Hey mercuryvaporisking,the maximum wattage LPS lamp that you can fit in the 113 is the 35W,the 55W I think would be too long.I'm not home at the moment,so I can't actually measure a 35W lamp in the fixture until later today.You will also have to make a wire support such as wire from a coat hanger and attach it up inside the reflector to keep the lamp straight and keep the weight off the socket.

The brighter the better.

mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS Bayonet socket « Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 05:35:35 PM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
Your right, 35watts. Ok, One 35watt LPS one 18wattLPS and a 100watt Merc All these lights put together will be less than one 175watt Merc fixture. That sounds good to me. And I will be putting out alot of light which should be more than enough to keep thievs away. Roughly $12 a month to operate.

lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: LPS Bayonet socket « Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 06:29:30 PM » Author: lite_lover
The 35W LPS is 12 1/2" long, and will barely fit in the 113 without the socket being mounted just outside the socket opening in the reflector.I just double checked just now,as I forgot to look last night LOL.

The brighter the better.

SeanB~1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS Bayonet socket « Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 01:48:04 PM » Author: SeanB~1
I got my 18W SOX yesterday, and it is rand new Osram lamp. Glows a nice orange, not too bright, with an initial red purple glow on startup. In it's new home, with ballast. Will take pics on the weekend and post them.
mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS Bayonet socket « Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 12:17:41 PM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
Cool sean, Yeah them LPS bulbs look cool when they come on, Again I still don't see how these never taken off, I mean 0% Mercury, Lowest power consuming, Nothing but an LED could beat it, Wierd. Maybe due to the lower rated life hours would be more maintenance? I think a 18watt Lps is rated for 14k hours And the rest are 18k. I am looking for a 35watt ballast currently.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: LPS Bayonet socket « Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 01:16:16 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
I'll tell why they really didn't take off......

Number one....bad color rendering.....

Number 2 they actually were thinking about using LPS during the 70s crisis....but GE actually didn't thin LPS was effecent enough to be totally used (which is true to how would you find your car under LPS.....(one member did a really cool trick using toy cars under LPS light in a picture and posted it and asked what color the cars were...) and dude nobody really passed the test...all of us failed) so GE made a lot of adversizements all over why LPS wouldn't be good lamps as general use.....on roads and all over the place.....

So HPS was used due to better color rendering....

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS Bayonet socket « Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 07:26:36 PM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
Very interesting, I know I heard about GE and LPS before but did not know what it was about, Yeah my cars appear yellow and black under the light, Otherwise myself can care less about color rendering. I guess they need color rendering in public for the police sake so it is easyer to spot things like getaway cars and such if there was a crime. Personally I like the monochramic glow and dislike HPS all together. It would be nice if GE stepped in again and fought for MV due to MH being so unreliable and short lived white light source.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 07:29:25 PM by mercuryvaporisking » Logged

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: LPS Bayonet socket « Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 08:13:44 PM » Author: FGS
MHs are also on the chopping block along the mercs leaving only HPS from what I've heard. Can you see HPS in the Super Bowl?

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies