Author Topic: Electronic fluorescent starters.  (Read 2044 times)
dieselducy

View Posts
View Gallery

Electronic fluorescent starters. « on: January 28, 2009, 02:07:10 AM » Author: dieselducy
I know they are available in 220V   but does anyone know where a 120v electronic starter is available or if such a thing exists?  thanks much  :)

I LOVE preheat fluorescent!  Preheat forever!!

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Electronic fluorescent starters. « Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 10:08:53 PM » Author: Foxtronix
They do exist but they're quite rare. I don't have any myself, but I know PowerGroove has one.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Electronic fluorescent starters. « Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 06:09:04 AM » Author: Silverliner
Yes they are common in England it seems and depending on the type, most will work fine on our ballasts. Just avoid the high voltage starters designed for 2 lamp series operation. LEL and Arlen Pulsestarters are among the electronic starters in use over there. They are said to be MUCH superior to the glow starter and even make fluorescent lamps last way longer.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

sparkie

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Electronic fluorescent starters. « Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 05:19:15 PM » Author: sparkie
I have a few of these electronic starters including an original Arlen Pulsestarter, plus some LEL ones. The thing I don't like about them is they don't flash the lamp at switch-on (I'm a blink-happy light fan :))- however I have some older tubes that I want to keep alive for as long as possible so I use the electronic starters on them.

If I want to see a super strobey switch on the junky chinese tubes and glowstarters are the best!
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies