Author Topic: Should I sell my lighting?  (Read 835 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Should I sell my lighting? « on: April 12, 2023, 12:37:22 AM » Author: suzukir122
Okay... so I'm saving up to buy another car. Money has been coming in far, far slower than I'd like, and my current two sources of transportation
can not be used as daily drivers as of now, due to multiple reasons. So I've been thinking about selling some of my lighting. I've got tons of ballasts,
and also a good amount of lamps that I may not need.
But this also has me thinking... what's the point? If I sell my lighting gear or lamps to members on here with the goal of saving up for another car,
I'll want to sell my gear for cheap, which may not amount to much regarding saving up... so I'm very much hesitant to sell anything.
For those interested, I'm thinking about selling all of my Manual Start Preheat ballasts, (I assume they can be used with starter cans) all ten of my HPF
Magnetic single lamp Valmont Trigger Start ballasts, (full power) all three of my 23w Par38 Self Ballasted Metal Halide screw in spot lights, (GE) and all
three of my two lamp 36w PL-L Sadelite desk lamps, with their two lamp magnetic HPF Rapid Start ballasts for PL-L lamps. (Later on for sale, not now.)
This is a very tough call since I don't see selling all of these actually helping me with purchasing a car, but then again I'm not sure.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Should I sell my lighting? « Reply #1 on: April 12, 2023, 09:33:11 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Might as well.  Lighting collections are not really worth anything in the real world.  No one out there really cares save for a few weird ADHD people of us. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Should I sell my lighting? « Reply #2 on: April 12, 2023, 01:26:07 PM » Author: suzukir122
Yeah all the lighting that I have, I typically use. I hate to keep lighting gear/lamps without using them. I've got many ballasts, all of which
I don't think I'll ever be using.
My main issue is selling them and then finding out the hard way that the money I made after selling them, wasn't much money at all. Then again, I
definitely don't want to provide absurd pricing for the ballasts/lamps. These are all ballasts/lamps members on here would definitely enjoy.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Should I sell my lighting? « Reply #3 on: April 16, 2023, 11:46:37 AM » Author: HPS_250
That’s really your decision whether or not you think you might regret selling any of this stuff in the future. I sold lots of MV lamps a couple years ago to save up money for a new camera, I don’t regret it but I did keep a lot of lamps still.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Should I sell my lighting? « Reply #4 on: April 16, 2023, 11:59:21 AM » Author: suzukir122
We'll have to see... money came in a little more than I expected, so my decision to sell my lighting might change. Maybe. But as of now,
my 3 SBMH screw in spot lights, 10 Trigger Start ballasts (HPF) and 3 PL-L magnetic Rapid Start ballasts (HPF), will be going up for sale. Just
gotta set everything up.
I may change my mind about it though, and if I do, this thread is going down. :lol:
I transfer apartments in 3 days, so I'm a bit on the stressed out side.

Interests:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Should I sell my lighting? « Reply #5 on: April 16, 2023, 12:58:19 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah, unless you need the money or the room I'd see if it's worth it to sell them. If it doesn't take up much room I'd honestly keep most of it unless you can sell it at a price where you break even on it.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Should I sell my lighting? « Reply #6 on: April 16, 2023, 03:28:29 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I don't think we could move now, for one thing there's a lot of STUFF in here.! :poof:
And I've been in this flat for just over twenty nine years.!!!!  :love:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies