Author Topic: Finds of the day  (Read 66167 times)
desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #165 on: April 25, 2021, 07:35:38 PM » Author: desktoptrashcan
Saw a GE Form 406S PG17 streetlight and two fluorescent gas station lights on the way to Galveston. Pictures are in my gallery.  :lfl:
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #166 on: April 27, 2021, 04:42:35 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Saw some cool old fixtures near Boston as well as a couple old florescent gas station lights! Also saw some old gas lights too! I took some photos today of some lights in Boston as well as towns along the way.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 07:26:17 PM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #167 on: April 27, 2021, 08:30:11 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Saw some cool old fixtures near Boston as well as a couple old florescent gas station lights! Also saw some old gas lights too! I took some photos today of some lights in Boston as well as towns along the way.

I just saw your new pictures and they look great! It is also superb that you were able to find these cool MV lights in Boston's deep sea of LEDs. Especially the larger (700 and 1000W MV) lights which are at the level next to extinction around here, unfortunately. But photographing them as you (and as others here on LG have done) did preserves and documents these and other surviving classics ... in a gifted way that present and future generations of lighting enthusiasts always will be able to enjoy seeing them!  :) :mvc:

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #168 on: April 27, 2021, 08:33:56 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I just saw your new pictures and they look great! It is also superb that you were able to find these cool MV lights in Boston's deep sea of LEDs. Especially the larger (700 and 1000W MV) lights which are at the level next to extinction around here, unfortunately. But photographing them as you (and as others here on LG have done) did preserves and documents these and other surviving classics ... in a gifted way that present and future generations of lighting enthusiasts always will be able to enjoy seeing them!  :) :mvc:
Agreed! I hope the Fenway area keeps the MV. I had my fare share of disappointment when I noticed Storrow Drive fully LED meaning I can’t retake the old photos of HPS and Hubbell MH fixtures. We all are fortunate enough to see them in person, 20 years down the road they’ll only be a memory and by photographing it, it will live on.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #169 on: May 04, 2021, 06:17:54 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
At the Plaza in Gilford with the Hannaford and Lowes I noticed that a pole at the entrance to the parking lot was gone and the concrete base had a cone on it. Not sure what happened. Hope they don't install LED there.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #170 on: May 05, 2021, 01:53:45 AM » Author: joseph_125
I found a 8-8-8 traffic signal in a smaller town today. 8-8-8s are quite rare in my area so it was a pretty neat find. I also saw a pair of MV floods the other day that were fed from a single remote ballast.
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #171 on: May 05, 2021, 01:55:32 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I found a 8-8-8 traffic signal in a smaller town today. 8-8-8s are quite rare in my area so it was a pretty neat find. I also saw a pair of MV floods the other day that were fed from a single remote ballast.

Nice! Can you post a picture of those MV floodlights fed from a single ballast? I'm curious as to what that setup looks like.
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #172 on: May 05, 2021, 02:05:44 AM » Author: High Intensity
Spotted some recently installed Philips Roadfocus RFL fixtures on Tasman drive in Santa Clara, CA. Hopefully another sign that SVP is ditching Leotek.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #173 on: May 05, 2021, 02:07:17 AM » Author: joseph_125
Nice! Can you post a picture of those MV floodlights fed from a single ballast? I'm curious as to what that setup looks like.

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture nor do I remember the exact location of them. I have an idea which street it's on so I might have to retrace my steps by going on a drive lol.

It was a metal pole with a three fitter tenon. The centre tenon had the can ballast while the two outer tenons had a couple of those round remote MV floods mounted.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 02:14:07 AM by joseph_125 » Logged
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #174 on: May 07, 2021, 08:48:09 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
This has nothing to do with lights but I saw a truck that had stickers on lineman stuff, one said "line trash" and one was the state of NH with the words "lineman" in it. The last one was a guy on a pole.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #175 on: May 10, 2021, 06:59:59 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Went out to Pittsfield today for a Baseball game (won 10-2) and saw an old M250R with a thumb latch, got a pic of it too. Also saw a missout 50w HPS M250R2 in a sea of LED. Also lots of historic houses along the way had some gas post tops!

Das Rheingold

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #176 on: May 12, 2021, 02:11:19 PM » Author: Das Rheingold
Found these while looking for interesting things on streetview in Edmonton, Alberta, one of the older streetviews shows they were a dayburner at one point, mercury vapor!  :mv: Gotta check it out while I still can one of these days

My preference: Mercury Vapor > High Pressure Sodium > Metal Halide > Low Pressure Sodium > Incandescent > LED

Classical music appreciator, lover of all things machinery

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #177 on: May 12, 2021, 04:58:37 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Found these while looking for interesting things on streetview in Edmonton, Alberta, one of the older streetviews shows they were a dayburner at one point, mercury vapor!  :mv: Gotta check it out while I still can one of these days
First generation Westinghouse OV-50 with the capacitor fin.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Das Rheingold

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #178 on: May 12, 2021, 09:10:01 PM » Author: Das Rheingold
First generation Westinghouse OV-50 with the capacitor fin.

Nice! Someone even has a picture!  ;D https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1718&pos=8&pid=121995

There are a couple closer to me which is cool, gotta take a pic of them one of these days.

We have these too not sure if they are OV-50s or Cooper OVLs, I don't know that much  :poof: :(

I always liked them though, they are total beasts

My preference: Mercury Vapor > High Pressure Sodium > Metal Halide > Low Pressure Sodium > Incandescent > LED

Classical music appreciator, lover of all things machinery

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #179 on: May 12, 2021, 09:21:54 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest

Nice! Someone even has a picture!  ;D https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1718&pos=8&pid=121995

There are a couple closer to me which is cool, gotta take a pic of them one of these days.

We have these too not sure if they are OV-50s or Cooper OVLs, I don't know that much  :poof: :(

I always liked them though, they are total beasts
That's okay, I was that person at one point! ;)

The Street View link has an OVL. The giveaway is the light gray paint. If I recall correctly, they had thinned out castings like most modern HID cobraheads. Fun fact: the OVL was available in 310W and 400W HPS! It's weird how they offered a lower wattage for such a big fixture. :hpscobra:

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies