Author Topic: Finds of the day  (Read 66193 times)
Das Rheingold

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #180 on: May 12, 2021, 09:41:44 PM » Author: Das Rheingold
That's okay, I was that person at one point! ;)

The Street View link has an OVL. The giveaway is the light gray paint. If I recall correctly, they had thinned out castings like most modern HID cobraheads. Fun fact: the OVL was available in 310W and 400W HPS! It's weird how they offered a lower wattage for such a big fixture. :hpscobra:

Ah thanks! Interesting about the wattage, pretty bright though!

There was another area that had the exact same fixtures and poles, just north of Edmonton, sadly they are long gone after building the freeway, since it's near a military base that has a Helicopter base, the new lights are very low to the ground for the helis. Kind of redundant if you ask me, they never ever fly that low and it's far away enough not to cause a problem, the tall ones obviously didn't!  :lol:  ::)

My preference: Mercury Vapor > High Pressure Sodium > Metal Halide > Low Pressure Sodium > Incandescent > LED

Classical music appreciator, lover of all things machinery

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #181 on: May 12, 2021, 10:34:32 PM » Author: joseph_125
Oooh nice! It's rare to see a OVL in Canada. It's even 1000w HPS too.

I suppose the OVL was available in 310w and 400w HPS as replacements for 700w and 1000w MV respectively.

The OV-50 is a nice find too, I only knew of one in my area and it's long gone now. I think I have a picture of it.
Das Rheingold

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #182 on: May 13, 2021, 01:10:00 AM » Author: Das Rheingold
Oooh nice! It's rare to see a OVL in Canada. It's even 1000w HPS too.

I suppose the OVL was available in 310w and 400w HPS as replacements for 700w and 1000w MV respectively.

The OV-50 is a nice find too, I only knew of one in my area and it's long gone now. I think I have a picture of it.

Yeah, I’m super glad they are still up, literally half of these specific posts on the road have been replaced by LED, after the overhead bridge they are all cobras!  :hps:

I wonder why they stopped, maybe too expensive or they are trying to see and “test” which is better and what will out last what? Hmmmm.

My preference: Mercury Vapor > High Pressure Sodium > Metal Halide > Low Pressure Sodium > Incandescent > LED

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #183 on: May 15, 2021, 03:42:29 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Saw another GE ERL1 spot replacement in Alton. Also I saw some smaller MH can lights at a bank.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #184 on: May 22, 2021, 05:09:02 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Today's finds:

-Black Cree LEDway on a black arm
-Some old utility poles and equipment
-A cool ornate globe pole at a older house

Das Rheingold

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #185 on: May 23, 2021, 11:24:03 PM » Author: Das Rheingold
Okay, maybe not a "find" of the day but, I thought you all might be interested:

Clamshell lamps!

These were around until 2014-2015, when they eventually got replaced by HPS cobraheads. Notice the ballasts right near the fixtures

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #186 on: May 23, 2021, 11:26:14 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Okay, maybe not a "find" of the day but, I thought you all might be interested:

Clamshell lamps!

These were around until 2014-2015, when they eventually got replaced by HPS cobraheads. Notice the ballasts right near the fixtures
Those are Westinghouse OV-20s. Nice finds!

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Das Rheingold

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #187 on: May 23, 2021, 11:43:47 PM » Author: Das Rheingold
Those are Westinghouse OV-20s. Nice finds!

Yeah, they were cool indeed, I miss them  :(

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #188 on: May 24, 2021, 07:56:22 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I saw a brand new pole with a 84w GE ERLH installed at a crosswalk in Wolfeboro, I’m not sure what color temperature it is but I’m going to guess that it’s 3000K.

@Das Rheingold, those are some nice clamshells! Those ballasts are mounted in a really odd way!

Das Rheingold

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #189 on: May 25, 2021, 09:31:29 PM » Author: Das Rheingold
Decided to go check out the DTD security lights by my old school, wanted to check if they were still there.

Lo and behold, they are! 😀 I walked a few miles to see and I can say it was well worth it.

Got some pictures too!

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #190 on: May 25, 2021, 10:25:59 PM » Author: High Intensity
Spotted a Revere Cat eye floodlight in the parking lot of an old Goodyear Tire center (with an old Goodyear neon sign).
Das Rheingold

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #191 on: May 27, 2021, 11:01:02 AM » Author: Das Rheingold
The La Plata Missouri Railcam from the Virtual Railfan channel has a Mercury Vapor NEMA light in the shot, I like it as it gives a peaceful vibe

RadxD461

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #192 on: May 27, 2021, 04:17:52 PM » Author: RadxD461
I found two Sylvania 100 watt bt25 /W lamps, Philips 250 watt metal halide lamp, and one GE 100 watt mercury vapor ballast. pictures coming on the lamp and ballast in 5 days.all the credit goes to bulbman256!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 05:41:55 PM by F20T12 » Logged
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #193 on: May 27, 2021, 05:46:05 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I saw a new RAB ALED installed, it replaced a Lithonia RSX1. What's weird is that I don't remember the old RSX1 having any problems, that was in the fall so something could've happened in between that time.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #194 on: May 27, 2021, 05:59:28 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
This was a few days ago, but CalTrans put up a new pole and light to replace a knockdown and thankfully they installed a Solarmax SMX instead of a GE ERL2.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies