Author Topic: Finds of the day  (Read 66247 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #300 on: October 24, 2021, 07:43:15 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Since my city can’t afford to replace intersections still lit with HPS to LED, they have began to spot replace the HPS fixtures with LEDs when the parts such as when the igniter fails. If it’s the lamp they’ll still relamp them. Recently, one of the M-400A2s near my house quit and after a month being out, got replaced by a Leotek GCM in 4000K.
Is this for intersection lights specifically? I remember hearing about Cerritos using GE Evolves for their SCE lights. Now it seems they're using Leoteks for their city poles.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #301 on: October 24, 2021, 07:49:48 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Today I noticed a Belmont M250R2 totally removed, arm and all. It was 250w HPS and on a state road, I’m not sure if it will be reinstalled or not.

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #302 on: October 24, 2021, 08:49:47 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Today I noticed a Belmont M250R2 totally removed, arm and all. It was 250w HPS and on a state road, I’m not sure if it will be reinstalled or not.

I didn't take it  8;) 8;) 8;)

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #303 on: October 24, 2021, 09:05:47 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I didn't take it  8;) 8;) 8;)
:lol:
Maybe it was Mike…

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #304 on: October 30, 2021, 09:02:31 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Last night I saw an ATB2 in Laconia with one side of the diodes out.

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #305 on: October 30, 2021, 03:23:11 PM » Author: High Intensity
Found out my local Lowes no longer carries any F40T12 tubes.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #306 on: October 31, 2021, 08:07:38 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Went down to York Maine for a day and saw:

- An HPS Holophane Acorn in my friend’s subdivision (the rest are HPS)
- A MV or MH M250R2 at a park and ride in Wells
- 310w 4000K Eyeblinding LED Holophane Mongoose at the same park and ride
- A couple LED retrofitted HPS lights at the location of the former York toll booths on I-95. The new toll booth was built up the street and is lit by 280w 4000K ATB2s with backlight shields, they all light the road well and the poles are spaced out at a good distance.

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #307 on: November 01, 2021, 12:41:02 AM » Author: thelightingman
I saved a vintage 1940's or 50's F40T12 fluorescent fixture that wa son the side of the road. It still works and has all original parts except for some wires which I had to replace.

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #308 on: November 01, 2021, 12:50:48 AM » Author: desktoptrashcan
Got two shatter resistant coated bulbs: an S7.5 shape and a PS35 shape. I also got a CCFL bulb and a “beehive” shaoed CFL. The pictures are in my gallery if you want to check them out.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #309 on: November 01, 2021, 01:34:57 AM » Author: joseph_125
I saved a vintage 1940's or 50's F40T12 fluorescent fixture that wa son the side of the road. It still works and has all original parts except for some wires which I had to replace.

Nice save, do you have any pictures of it?
thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #310 on: November 01, 2021, 12:13:50 PM » Author: thelightingman
I will here in a little bit

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #311 on: November 02, 2021, 04:36:57 PM » Author: High Intensity
Spotted what appeared to be 3 OV-12s in Santa Clara (making the total I've seen in Santa Clara 5 now), along with about 5 or 6 OV-15s, a McGraw Edison Unidoor 250, and 2 M400s plus a M250 with glare shields. I plan to get photos of some of these soon.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #312 on: November 02, 2021, 06:38:10 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Woah, 3?!

Only a couple OV12s remain, a couple have been replaced unfortunately. Let's hope Santa Clara doesn't replace them as I've heard they were installing LED.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #313 on: November 02, 2021, 06:54:44 PM » Author: Econolite03
That’s pretty cool. I spotted a group of about 3 OV-12s over in Fullerton, CA I think near a church. They’re on a 6.6A series circuit along with some gumballs so they aren’t going to be replaced anytime soon.

Now on Linktree

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #314 on: November 02, 2021, 06:55:57 PM » Author: High Intensity
They were mostly installing LEDs in residential or commercial areas, whereas all these lights are in industrial areas, which means they should be mostly safe from being swapped with LEDs (the road the OV-12s were on was almost exclusively HPS and MV only).
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies