Author Topic: Finds of the day  (Read 66061 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #90 on: February 17, 2021, 08:32:27 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
A municipal utility here in southeast MA has about 2,000 of these fixtures and have had very good luck with them without very much color shift as well (they are around 2800K). They were installed 2 years ago. How old are the lights you are referring to?
I believe they were installed in 2016.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #91 on: February 17, 2021, 08:40:12 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Today I had a basketball game in Franklin so I was able to see the Roadfocus fixtures at night and almost every single fixture was very dim and color shifted to about 3500K from their original 4000K color.
That's very surprising for RoadFocus fixtures to color shift. WSDOT uses them, and they seem to do the best out of every LED fixture they install.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 08:43:12 PM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #92 on: February 17, 2021, 08:42:54 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
That's very surprising for RoadFocus fixtures to color shifted. WSDOT uses them, and they seem to do the best out of every LED fixture they install.
Maybe it's because it's older and one of the earlier LEDs.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #93 on: February 19, 2021, 06:54:21 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
A pole near me got changed out, the pole had an AEL ATBS on it that worked perfectly fine. I drove by the setup today and noticed that the old pole was completely changed out and the AEL ATBS wasn't working. I'm guessing the utility didn't hook it up as I've seen similar problems when it comes to pole renewals.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #94 on: February 21, 2021, 09:23:59 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Yesterday during my trip to Maine I noticed that the Piscatiqua bridge that used to hold a mix of GE M400As and AEL ATB2s now has all AEL ATB0s on brand new poles. They also appear to have some sort of sensor on the bottom. I’m unsure of the color temp. I also saw various HPS missouts in LED cities.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #95 on: February 22, 2021, 03:00:51 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Saw another GE ERL1 spot replacement in Alton NH. It replaced a M250A2.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #96 on: February 23, 2021, 06:12:17 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Saw a parking lot with OV50s, M1000s, and Finned Revere 2700s! I’m mad that I couldn’t get a photo but I definitely need to soon!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #97 on: February 24, 2021, 03:15:43 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Today I noticed that a few old poles near me had each of their middle phases moved over to the side and put on a new polymer insulator, most likely making headway for new poles. The poles have red and white ribbons tied around them meaning they'll be replaced.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #98 on: February 26, 2021, 09:29:38 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Today I saw that someone in my neighborhood who used to have a fluorescent wall pack that I had known since I was a toddler. It had been replaced by an LED wall pack.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 09:50:00 PM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #99 on: February 26, 2021, 09:42:53 PM » Author: joseph_125
Today I spotted a set of beacons that still had incandescent lamps in them.

They had the characteristic fade in and out of incandescent.
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #100 on: February 27, 2021, 04:53:05 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Found a cool Cooper Lighting wallpack at a ReStore today.

On the CalTrans system I saw another Leotek E-Cobra installed on a new pole!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 04:54:39 PM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #101 on: February 27, 2021, 05:07:44 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
On the CalTrans system I saw another Leotek E-Cobra installed on a new pole!
Apparently history repeats itself! In that case too bad they wouldn't install those 700w MV M1000s!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #102 on: February 28, 2021, 07:18:52 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Today I saw at least 9 EOL Affinity fixtures (not including ones I already know about) and lots of cool MV fixtures. Also saw a random affinity P900D on a pole at a business being used as a floodlight! Another find that was a new Cooper OVZ, it’s odd since Unitil used to use the OVH but apparently they now use the OVZ and OVX.

(These were all in Unitil Service area)

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #103 on: February 28, 2021, 07:37:43 PM » Author: High Intensity
Went back to the site in Gilroy that had the Joslyn 121s and the Holophane Refractopaks and found that all the 121s and all but one of the Refractopaks were replaced with RAB ALED type 4 fixtures.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #104 on: February 28, 2021, 08:33:31 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Oh BTW I think I prevented an Affinity attack because I went through Raymond,NH and noticed new AEL LEDs installed. (I recommended AEL to them)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies