Author Topic: New LED Conversions  (Read 31655 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #90 on: October 27, 2021, 09:39:22 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Well thats dumb! Are they the true historic gas lanterns or reproductions?

They're these : https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=12766&pos=0&pid=205587

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #91 on: October 27, 2021, 09:42:27 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
@thelightingman, Yuck! This is all the more reason that LEDs were rushed and pushed out before they were actually proven reliable.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #92 on: October 28, 2021, 10:49:54 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: LightsoftheWest
No problem. I wonder if it's the American Electric Lighting Contempo Series 245L?
I think that might be the one, looks very much like it (I just need to take a closer look at one of them sometime)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #93 on: November 05, 2021, 06:15:12 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@LightsoftheWest:
Yep taking a good look at those, they're deff AEL Contempo 245L's.
Gonna give AEL credit for making a nice LED fixture on this one.
I am actually liking these better than the GE P17M's they replaced.
(ofcourse big question will be what's the quality like? that's gonna take years before you know. The P17M's certainly were reliable)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #94 on: November 13, 2021, 06:29:48 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Today I went to the basketball court at Prescott Park in Meredith and saw that the 4 Halogen floodlights lighting the court were all replaced by small LED Floodlights. Lucky, the older halogens lighting the baseball field are still up.

Also, Concord's conversion is in full swing with most side roads having LED, main roads are still HPS for now. I'm going to try to email the city and try to get a couple 50w M250As.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #95 on: November 14, 2021, 12:26:30 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
The next street up from me is still HPS .. guess they LED'ed just part of the neighborhood for now.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #96 on: December 24, 2021, 02:30:32 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
The Pizza Hut in Tilton has recently replaced their MH Archetype Looking Shoeboxes with Generic looking glarebombs. The neighboring store has the same lights that are retrofitted and those haven’t been replaced, let’s hope they at least remain.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #97 on: December 24, 2021, 06:43:14 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Also to note, it's probably been this way for a couple months but the Gilford Hannaford has converted all of their indoor fluorescent fixtures to LED. It looks like they replaced the old lights altogether instead of installing those LED conversion kits.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #98 on: December 28, 2021, 02:48:31 AM » Author: Econolite03
A local office building that is two stories near my house got LEDized.

Unfortunately, they hired Dimwit Lighting Solutions LLC who installed cheap LED wallpacks to replace some Metal Halide architectural half-circle up / down lights around the exterior of the building. The new fixtures are total glarebombs and produce tons of light trespass onto the residential homes surrounding the building (it’s on a former gas station lot). The setup looks unprofessional which doesn’t go with the building’s architectural design.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #99 on: January 06, 2022, 11:38:10 PM » Author: Econolite03
Recently a few more cities have been trying out LED luminaries, in this case is it’s now Santa Fe Springs, CA. Although this city has been pretty late in terms of upgrading since almost every neighboring community has already done so, they have installed a group of GE(Daintree) ERLHs on Florence Ave near the newly constructed overpass for the I-5. I’m assuming they’re 4000K.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #100 on: March 02, 2022, 12:56:59 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Well here’s something that doesn’t surprise me at all. A Liberty Utilities gas building had a pole with 4 HPS M400As (I think 400w) that were slowly burning out one by one until the last one went out. Today I went by to find them all replaced by Generic Flyswatters. Wouldn’t surprise me if they were the typical 5000K glarebomb POS. I knew this was coming but yet I never photographed the old lights. :'(

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #101 on: March 02, 2022, 02:07:10 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Saw four generic LED flyswatter area lights at an auto repair shop that had replaced U.S. Architectural Lighting Versalux shoeboxes about a week ago. All four of the Versaluxes had been EOL for a very long time. On the other hand, all four of the LED's work.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #102 on: March 06, 2022, 08:29:13 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
A rite aid in Farmington had 2 poles, each holding 2 MH M1000s. Recently one of the arms broke off the poles. I drove by yesterday to find the fixtures all replaced by Cree Traveyos, interesting enough they installed new arms for all the fixtures on the existing poles. Glad some place had some common sense as to what fixtures should be chosen.

NElighting0503

View Posts
View Gallery

Jude - Lighting collector & photographer

UCarc5doN_q6jwc1wqF0oPig
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #103 on: April 24, 2022, 09:06:19 AM » Author: NElighting0503
A lot of the heritage-style SON lighting around my local town survived the wave of the LED conversion until recently. Just last week they replaced all of the remaining ones in a large sweep, as they were all still standing strong when I was last there! I've attached a before and after shot of one of the Sugg Windsor lanterns, (I was going to post one of my own photos of the before shot, but I either can't find it or I never even took it, so I've provided a google street view shot instead) There were also some Davis PT1044 lanterns that also got removed, and a few unknown but "newer" SON lanterns that got replacement gear trays and photocells instead of their entire fittings being removed which was quite interesting!

It's quite a shame that this had to happen, but it was never about "if" they get replaced but a "when" and it seems that my council has just recently stopped doing re-lamps of the fluorescent sign lighting and they now just install Simmonsigns LED gear trays into pre-existing 11W PL-S ones  :(

Interested in lighting since 2011,
Collecting since 2018.

🇬🇧 North east England,
230V 50Hz

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #104 on: April 28, 2022, 07:07:28 PM » Author: 108CAM
2 Shell Stations near me recently had their canopy lights converted to LED

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies