Author Topic: New LED Conversions  (Read 31692 times)
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #120 on: March 08, 2023, 11:07:13 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Generation 2 of the GE Evolve ERHM.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #121 on: March 08, 2023, 11:11:41 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Thanks ! These don't seem too bad so far . These 2 are a hell of a lot brighter than the 4 - 1000w HPS they replaced !!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #122 on: March 17, 2023, 10:32:07 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
General Electric Evolve ERHM.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #123 on: July 09, 2023, 11:36:59 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Here's a WEIRD twist !! Apparently , ODOT is using a mixture of the ERHM and Holophane HMAO !! Some poles have the GE while others have the Holophane and some others have BOTH !!

Another really weird install consists of a few miles of I-270 on the NW side of Columbus . It's lit with the shorter poles each with a single fixture. ODOT alternated between the GE and Holophane fixtures !! I wonder what their logic was for that one ?? The fixtures on the poles are GE - Holophane - GE - Holophane...  ???

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #124 on: July 10, 2023, 05:04:11 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Well, when I was in Idaho, I just found out that their DOT is using a new brand of LED street light. They're already using AEL and Cooper.

No, it's not GE, not Solais, not Genlyte.

It's SolarMax, of all manufacturers.

I just saw a bunch of new LED conversions involving SolarMax SMX v2 luminaires in 5,000K.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 11:34:08 PM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #125 on: July 10, 2023, 05:55:32 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
That's cool. Still haven't seen 5000K Solarmax lights here either. Only the 4000K first gens and the 3000K second gens on the freeways/highways. I don't know why CalTrans hasn't used them yet.

What makes them notable, just curious?

-----

@wide-lite 1000: That is odd. Trying new stuff I guess? I get entire poles with one brand/model of luminaire but alternating the two?
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #126 on: July 10, 2023, 07:42:17 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I have no idea what their logic was !!  The single fixture poles are definitely intentional for what ever reason . The alternating pattern of GE & Holophane goes on for that entire stretch of highway  !
 The tall multi fixture highmasts were originally 6-1000w HPS . The new setup consists of only 4 of the LEDs and they're actually brighter than with the HPS !  All I can say with them is it looks as if ODOT had a dumptruck of ass't LED fixtures and installed whatever they happened to grab .  If I get a chance , I'll try to get some photos .

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #127 on: July 10, 2023, 07:48:49 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
@fluorescent lover 40: I've heard that SolarMax luminaires have been exclusively used in California and nowhere else.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #128 on: July 10, 2023, 08:04:40 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 @ LotW :  Apparently , Solarmax has customers from Canada and all over the US .

https://solarmaxled.com/    https://solarmaxled.com/roadway/

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #129 on: July 10, 2023, 08:05:46 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Ahh, okay. Guess I could've looked a little more into it.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #130 on: July 10, 2023, 08:06:31 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 It happens !

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #131 on: July 10, 2023, 10:36:06 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
@wide-lite 1000: That sounds like CalTrans lol. Most projects get new lights but I've seen brand new poles with used LEDs on them. And as time passes for the all-one-light projects, if a light fails or gets knocked down, it'll get replaced with something different, or the same. Different color temperature, or the same! The only thing they seem to be consistent in is the highmasts.

@LightsoftheWest: It's okay. I still haven't seen one outside of California lol. I used to have that same thinking with some of the light poles we have here. Thought they were only a California thing until I saw some in Nevada.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies