Author Topic: New LED Conversions  (Read 31672 times)
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #45 on: April 17, 2021, 07:37:11 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
A parking lot in Puyallup with a Hobby Lobby went LED. They used generic LED things to replace HPS post tops (can't tell if they're Abacus AM 490s or Wide-Lite Supra-Lytes).

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #46 on: April 17, 2021, 07:57:38 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I saw that the T-bones parking lot in Laconia had a shoebox with a retrofit inside, not sure if the others have it too but I’ll have to check. There’s one integrated LED shoebox that was a spot replacement there but that’s been there for awhile.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #47 on: May 11, 2021, 08:29:57 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
At the end of school today, I was greeted to the site of the maintenance people changing the shoebox lights to generic looking LED ones... They are MH, and some had been retrofitted to LED with those COB things so I thought they would be safe from being replaced entirely.
Das Rheingold

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #48 on: May 13, 2021, 01:31:08 AM » Author: Das Rheingold
Grocery store near me has retrofitted some metal halide low bays with LED bulbs, at least they still have the original fixtures I thought.

My preference: Mercury Vapor > High Pressure Sodium > Metal Halide > Low Pressure Sodium > Incandescent > LED

Classical music appreciator, lover of all things machinery

osramlight_200

View Posts
View Gallery

osramlight_200

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #49 on: May 29, 2021, 09:35:19 AM » Author: osramlight_200
I think led conversions may not be very successful. Because I think it can be more difficult maintenance for service.

I can speak a little English, sometimes i translate because i don't speak English.While this is not my intention, please apologize if the choice i chose in my words seems offensive.
 :a_son-t:

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #50 on: June 02, 2021, 02:17:59 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
On my recent trip to Maine I noticed a gas station in Alton NH had replaced the rest of their outdoor floodlighting to LED (gas pump area had Cree Edge floods). They look like a cross between a RAB flood and a generic one, they replaced MH floods which I believe were Lithiona.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #51 on: July 27, 2021, 12:36:52 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Drove by a place that used to be a Kmart and I saw that the whole place has new LED fixtures in the parking lot. There used to be 400w Hubbell RLGs.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #52 on: August 08, 2021, 05:39:39 AM » Author: Econolite03
Recently I went to Ontario, CA where the city just replaced hundreds of GE M-400As along one of the main arterial streets with AEL’s Autobahn ATBM LED luminaries. The city had been slowly phasing in LEDs in residential areas for years, but now the whole conversion is in full swing.
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #53 on: August 09, 2021, 02:08:47 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Something really odd I saw here regarding conversions, was at McDonald’s, not sure what the set up is in the US, but around the drive throughs here, most use to use 150 watt HPS on very short columns, then around the entrance there was 125 watt mercury lamps in fancy post tops, mounted low down on the posts of the fence.
The odd thing was, the HPS were the first thing to be changed being replaced with Indal Stela’s about 6/7 years ago, but it’s only in the last 2 years they have replaced the 125 mercs!

I’m guessing McDonald’s maintenance departments had a massive stock of lamps and wanted to use them up first?
The post tops are still there, albeit now carrying LED corncobs now.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 02:11:17 AM by AngryHorse » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #54 on: August 09, 2021, 10:48:51 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Recently I went to Ontario, CA where the city just replaced hundreds of GE M-400As along one of the main arterial streets with AEL’s Autobahn ATBM LED luminaries. The city had been slowly phasing in LEDs in residential areas for years, but now the whole conversion is in full swing.
That’s sad, I know Ontario had some cool stuff.

@Angryhorse, usually McDonald’s in the US has either 1000w MH Shoeboxes and round wallpacks, now they use Beacon Viper LEDs and the LED version of those round wallpacks I mentioned.

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #55 on: August 09, 2021, 01:27:45 PM » Author: High Intensity
Sounds like what's happening in San Jose, CA, where a full on LED change-out for most of, if not, the whole city is in full swing.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #56 on: August 09, 2021, 08:31:43 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Sounds like what's happening in San Jose, CA, where a full on LED change-out for most of, if not, the whole city is in full swing.
There's the knock out punch to LPS in CA.

derek anthony

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #57 on: August 10, 2021, 01:34:51 AM » Author: derek anthony
The Safeway stores here in Portland are getting led conversions one by one , but the only problem with the conversions after they are done , the stores look horrible , the stores here have the louvered center store fixtures, and during the conversion they "destroy" these fixtures by removing and discarding the louvers and leaving the rest of the fixture in place, making these fixtures glarebombs , there is one store here that still has the louvers in the fixtures and apparently they are doing spot by spot replacements of tubes with the led tubes ( majority of the store still has fluorescent tubes in the fixtures, it is interesting to look at because the fluorescent tubes are dimmer then the led tubes) also the stores around here have been replacing the 2x2 parabolic troffers with led troffers
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #58 on: August 10, 2021, 08:32:41 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I saw today that the dead Belknap Mall in Belmont is replacing their Lithonia HPS wallpacks with new Lithonia LED models, I even saw the scaffolding they used propped up a new LED one. I got a picture of one of the HPS ones before it goes.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #59 on: August 12, 2021, 05:29:36 AM » Author: AngryHorse
The Safeway stores here in Portland are getting led conversions one by one , but the only problem with the conversions after they are done , the stores look horrible , the stores here have the louvered center store fixtures, and during the conversion they "destroy" these fixtures by removing and discarding the louvers and leaving the rest of the fixture in place, making these fixtures glarebombs , there is one store here that still has the louvers in the fixtures and apparently they are doing spot by spot replacements of tubes with the led tubes ( majority of the store still has fluorescent tubes in the fixtures, it is interesting to look at because the fluorescent tubes are dimmer then the led tubes) also the stores around here have been replacing the 2x2 parabolic troffers with led troffers
That’s unusual?, when Morrison’s here did their LED change over, they used LED tubes in the existing fixtures, these were also louvred fixtures but they kept the louvers in place.
The weird thing is though, the tubes they put in them are not standard?, their leaning towards the pink colour, (could have been specially made for Morrison’s)?, but it puts this slightly pink tint on the stores and it does look really nice!

Don’t know who makes them though, there appears to be no name on them?
Another weird one in our local store, they have kept the warm white 70 watt halide down lighting inside the entrance building and in the walkway behind the checkouts!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies