Author Topic: New LED Conversions  (Read 31673 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #75 on: October 23, 2021, 08:29:13 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Grrrrr >:( Today I was driving through Northfield on my way home from the Tilton Diner and saw a whitish light coming from up ahead, I thought it was an HPS fixture having problems but as I neared I realized that it was an LED! I went up the road and saw yet another one! And I realized it was an Affinity fixture. :sick: Sure enough I looked up if they were converting and saw their conversion with Affinity pop up. I might try and go around there tomorrow to see if I spot any trucks. Even though the town only had 113s and M250R2s, it still passes me off and puts me on the fence about emailing Belmont about streetlights before they too they get invaded by these boring Affinity glarebombs! >:( Northfield is nothing special and is full of trailers and below average houses so it doesn't surprise me that they went with these.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 08:35:06 PM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #76 on: October 24, 2021, 09:08:34 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I think Atkinson NH is planning an LED conversion, I saw a thing on Construction Journal saying about an RFP for an LED conversion. I sure hope not because this is a “mini Hampton” that is full of MV from 60s M250Rs to modern MV M250R2s. This is a Exeter-Hampton Electric town too. If they do go LED I at least want it to be something different and hope I can obtain a few.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #77 on: October 25, 2021, 09:13:51 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
The LED'ed my street .. last week. Not positive on the day, but believe it was Friday.
I was looked out the window Sat night, and noticed 'something looks different about the way that's lighted(can't see the nearest fixture itself which is one house up...but the color of the light on the street/yards). So had to make a late-night srip out to the driveway to check it out. .lol.
The next street south is (as of tonight) still HPS (north is LED).

Honestly I must say that I'm pretty impressed. Same style fixture as before...and they used warm-white. It honestly gives the area it lights a much 'cleaner'/more modern look than the HPS did. Light spread looks around the same as before.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #78 on: October 25, 2021, 09:20:52 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
The LED'ed my street .. last week. Not positive on the day, but believe it was Friday.
I was looked out the window Sat night, and noticed 'something looks different about the way that's lighted(can't see the nearest fixture itself which is one house up...but the color of the light on the street/yards). So had to make a late-night srip out to the driveway to check it out. .lol.
The next street south is (as of tonight) still HPS (north is LED).

Honestly I must say that I'm pretty impressed. Same style fixture as before...and they used warm-white. It honestly gives the area it lights a much 'cleaner'/more modern look than the HPS did. Light spread looks around the same as before.
That's the same first thought I had about as I was approaching the Northfield LEDs for the first time, something looked a little funky until I got up close.

I got to admit LED distributes light pretty much like HPS. What fixtures were used on your street?

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #79 on: October 25, 2021, 09:43:18 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: CreeRSW207
I got to admit LED distributes light pretty much like HPS. What fixtures were used on your street?
HPS was same type as this one (from my streetlights album on GOL) I don't yet have a pic of the LED version.
Originally the neighborhoods around here were MV...which was always my favorite!

Wish I woulda been around when they upgraded to LED, I woulda been very tempted to walk up & ask about getting the old HPS light. Likely they'd have said no/can't but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #80 on: October 25, 2021, 09:52:19 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
HPS was same type as this one (from my streetlights album on GOL) I don't yet have a pic of the LED version.
Originally the neighborhoods around here were MV...which was always my favorite!

Wish I woulda been around when they upgraded to LED, I woulda been very tempted to walk up & ask about getting the old HPS light. Likely they'd have said no/can't but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Ah the post top. I bet an LED version is pretty nice, especially with a comfort shield on them.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #81 on: October 26, 2021, 11:27:41 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: CreeRSW207
Ah the post top. I bet an LED version is pretty nice, especially with a comfort shield on them.
Yep a common post top. The LED version is indeed quite nice, I like it. Whatever company made these did a good job in the design. (hopefully quality is decent too)

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #82 on: October 26, 2021, 11:35:12 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Yep a common post top. The LED version is indeed quite nice, I like it. Whatever company made these did a good job in the design. (hopefully quality is decent too)
That was a GE Post Mount P17M. Does the new LED look similar to it?

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #83 on: October 27, 2021, 12:08:36 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Thanks for the brand & model# @LightsoftheWest .. just updated my GOL pic with that.
The new LED ones do look pretty similar, but the lens is a bit more transparent-ish, and the base part below it is taller. I think the LEDs are mounted on the top facing down/out (hard to tell forsure)
Eventually I'll get a pic of one posted on GOL (since that's where my streetlight-gallery has always been)

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #84 on: October 27, 2021, 10:27:49 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
No problem. I wonder if it's the American Electric Lighting Contempo Series 245L?

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #85 on: October 27, 2021, 08:25:20 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Grove City appears to be converting all of their post tops to LED retrofits . Even some of the Gas Lights are now LED !!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #86 on: October 27, 2021, 08:47:59 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Grove City appears to be converting all of their post tops to LED retrofits . Even some of the Gas Lights are now LED !!
Well thats dumb! Are they the true historic gas lanterns or reproductions?

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #87 on: October 27, 2021, 08:52:37 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
They're all modern . The HPS & MH versions look exactly like the Gas versions . The retrofit kits look rather strange though . I'll post photos of the gas retrofit versions when I get a minute .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #88 on: October 27, 2021, 09:01:44 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
They're all modern . The HPS & MH versions look exactly like the Gas versions . The retrofit kits look rather strange though . I'll post photos of the gas retrofit versions when I get a minute .
Oh, at least they're not the really old ones like Boston has. Still stinks to hear that though.

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #89 on: October 27, 2021, 09:35:20 PM » Author: thelightingman
More lights in surrounding areas are being replaced and I have seen people changing them out but I have been very busy lately so I have not had the chance to inquire about the old lights and see if I could get them. I have been seeing PERFECTLY GOOD FIXTURES replaced with LED's, even a perfect condition 250 watt HPS GE M400A at least from the 70's or 80's was gone and replaced with an LED that was already defective from day 1. HAVE I MENTIONED HOW MUCH I HATE LED'S YET?? ugh!!!!!!!!  :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( I just wish I could go and  :slap: the person who invented LED streetlights and I wish I could also :slap: the people who advocate LED's!!!!!!!

I know I'm overreacting, but come on! you don't just replace a good vintage fixture with some already defective LED fixture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :'( :'( :'(

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies